OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: TL-MR3420 V3 openwrt firmware

The content of this topic has been archived on 12 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hello,
I just bought mr3420 v3, unfortunately, there is not mention of v3 anywhere on this forum or on the internet. I normally compile my own firmware based on the imagebuilder but since v3 isn't in the profiles, it will not generate a v3 image.
I will be happy to contribute what I can since I have the device but I don't know what to do.
Can anyone help me compile an image for this version?
Thanks!

(Last edited by nahomt on 17 Nov 2016, 06:16)

Me too waiting for mr3420 v3 support.

I want to share working lede image of  mr3420 v3, recently build by friend of mine nickname ARS.
this is initial release and working in progress and for anyone who interested on mr3420 v3

Please notice, I don't liable for any damage, bricked or any disaster to your router caused of flashing this firmware, I myself not tested since I don't have this device, but my colleague have been tested and basic function of router running well  and please consider, until now no stripped factory firmware available, so your router possibly can not revert to factory.

s15.postimg.org/xx7f18kwb/Screenshot_2.png

download here
we.tl/FCuJsDV7X2

file contains 2 bin, factory and sysupgrade

(Last edited by broneo on 3 Dec 2016, 08:35)

broneo wrote:

I want to share working lede image of  mr3420 v3, recently build by friend of mine nickname ARS.
this is initial release and working in progress and for anyone who interested on mr3420 v3

Please notice, I don't liable for any damage, bricked or any disaster to your router caused of flashing this firmware, I myself not tested since I don't have this device, but my colleague have been tested and basic function of router running well  and please consider, until now no stripped factory firmware available, so your router possibly can not revert to factory.

download here
we.tl/bWOQdSvMh5

broneo wrote:

download here
we.tl/bWOQdSvMh5

File size is 8mb but the router flash is only 4mb.

tm_1001 wrote:
broneo wrote:

download here
we.tl/bWOQdSvMh5

File size is 8mb but the router flash is only 4mb.

it is a rar file contains 2 files factory dan sysupgrade bin, each file around 3.6 and 3,9 MB

broneo wrote:

it is a rar file contains 2 files factory dan sysupgrade bin, each file around 3.6 and 3,9 MB

Thanks i just checked, you are right.

broneo wrote:

please consider, until now no stripped factory firmware available, so your router possibly can not revert to factory.

sorry i am newbie, could you please tell me whats the difference b/w stripped factory firmware and TP-Link/OEM firmware and why i cannot revert back to original TP-Link firmware???

tm_1001 wrote:

sorry i am newbie, could you please tell me whats the difference b/w stripped factory firmware and TP-Link/OEM firmware and why i cannot revert back to original TP-Link firmware???

original tplink fw usually contains bootloader which is not fit on top of rom segment address on openwrt, CMIIW,
on otherside stripped tplink contains image with the bootloader is removed.

full detail here
friedzombie.com/tplink-stripped-firmware/

broneo wrote:

s15.postimg.org/xx7f18kwb/Screenshot_2.png

download here
we.tl/FCuJsDV7X2

file contains 2 bin, factory and sysupgrade

Hi, I saw in the screenshot that doesn't have Service like Dynamic DNS. It's that true?
Thanks for sharing.

aalgorta wrote:

Hi, I saw in the screenshot that doesn't have Service like Dynamic DNS. It's that true?
Thanks for sharing.

yes only basic function like, networking , wifi , and this image is just proof only that mr3420 v3 now can use lede/openwrt fw.

(Last edited by broneo on 8 Dec 2016, 08:21)

Hi, ARS made a good job, this LEDE version works fine. But space left is too small to extend root to usb. Could it be possible ARS build a version with block-mount, kmod-kmod-fs-ext4, kmod-usb-storage (may be kmod-usb-storage-extras)? Luci could be removed to gain space as it could be added in extroot fs. Thanks ! (can't find this topic in LEDE forum)

Tested and works fine with extroot now on flash drive. The router didn't give ip on first rj45 connection but quickly resolved forcing my computer's ip on the same sub-network. Will continue to test it installing and checking packages. Great job! Thanks Ahmad.

Can someone give me download link for mr3420 V3 image for openwrt ? I need it if someone can help me pleaae.

(Last edited by masum0009 on 17 Jan 2017, 12:28)

masum0009 wrote:

Can someone give me download link for mr3420 V3 image for openwrt ? I need it if someone can help me pleaae.

download link is belong to a openwrt developer from Indonesia- called Pulpstone

http://pulpstone.pw/lede-ar71xx/

ps. mr3420 v3 not offcially supported by openwrt/lede
do at your own risk

Thanks , I hope it will support any openwrt ipk package file I developed previous for openwrt right ?
Also , Can you please help me how I will revert back to original firmware if needed.

masum0009 wrote:

Thanks , I hope it will support any openwrt ipk package file I developed previous for openwrt right ?
Also , Can you please help me how I will revert back to original firmware if needed.

I am not developer nor own the device,

or u can install uboot mod for mr3420 v3

using this image "Pulpstone-LEDE-U-Boot-Writable TL-MR3420v3"

use google translate how to install and use uboot-mod
http://pulpstone.pw/wp-content/uploads/ … A_SAYA.txt

don't forget , I don't take any responsibility for any damage/bricked to your router.

(Last edited by broneo on 17 Jan 2017, 17:00)

I've installed the mr3420-v3-squashfs-factory.bin but I can't see the usb modem attached. Could you help me?

ahmadrasyidsalim wrote:

Tester Needed

ChaosCalmer TL-MR3420-V3
mediafire*com/file/rok9992r7d6f04x/TL-MR3420-CC-3.18.45.zip
Size : 427.26 MB
Included : Kernel Module, SDK, Toolchain, ImageBuilder and Packages

PS : Only Power LED is ON

The discussion might have continued from here.