OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: building coova-chilli package on chaos calmer

The content of this topic has been archived on 9 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi,

i'm trying to build the original coova chilli package from Chaos Calmer git :
git clone git://git.openwrt.org/15.05/openwrt.git

This in order to later on modify coova to my specific need. But first i'm trying to build without any modification.

I followed the procedure here :
http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/howtobuild/single.package

All dependencies compile fine. But when it comes to coova chilli package i get this error :

make[2]: *** No rule to make target `~/build_tmp/openwrt/build_dir/target-mips_34kc_uClibc-0.9.33.2/linux-ar71xx_generic/linux-3.18.21/.config', needed by `~/build_tmp/openwrt/build_dir/target-mips_34kc_uClibc-0.9.33.2/coova-chilli-1.3.0+20141128/.built'.  Stop.

Doesn't make sense. I have selected coova chilli in make menuconfig.

For the dependencies package i saw a few complains about like this :

can't open file '~/build_tmp/openwrt/build_dir/target-mips_34kc_uClibc-0.9.33.2/linux-ar71xx_generic/linux-3.18.21/.config' at ~/build_tmp/openwrt/scripts/kconfig.pl line 32.

or that :

grep: ~/build_tmp/openwrt/build_dir/target-mips_34kc_uClibc-0.9.33.2/linux-ar71xx_generic/linux-3.18.21/.config: No such file or directory

But nothing that prevent the dependencies to compile.
Any clue please ?

Thank you
Siddique

Hello everyone, I have installed openwrt on Barrier breaker tplink 3420, i have installed coova-chilli and after first page at 3990 port its redirected to 4990 , and gave the error

"The 10.1.0.1 page isn’t working
10.1.0.1 didn’t send any data.
ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE"

when i troubleshoot with
root@OpenWrt:~# chilli -fd -c

it gave
coova-chilli[1312]: options.c: 181: could not generate configuration (/var/run/chilli.1312.cfg.bin), sleeping one second

Please help me configuring coova-chilli

The discussion might have continued from here.