OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: HooToo TM-02 Internet Access

The content of this topic has been archived on 24 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

I flashed my HooToo TM-02 with OpenWrt (OpenWrt Chaos Calmer r42649 ?)following this guide on the wiki wiki.openwrt.org/toh/hootoo/tripmate-nano.
I successfully got OpenWrt installed and configured the wireless section to enable wireless and set WPA2-PSK encryption up.
I must preface this by saying I am a complete networking newbie, and I am not familiar with OpenWrt in the slightest, and as a result I cannot make much sense of the wiki, I am only capable of using the GUI so please be gentle in your explanations.
The problem is that when I connect to the wireless network I cannot connect to the internet.
I use my TM-02 as an access point by taking an Ethernet connection in and giving WiFi out so that my wireless devices can use the internet, I had no problem with this on the stock firmware, but I would really like to use OpenWrt to be able to take advantage of MAC filtering, as an extra note I use the TM-02 as an access point on two different networks, one during the day, and one during the evening, so being able to hot swap between the two networks without manually changing addresses etc. would be a massive bonus.
Thanks

In the LAN configuration, scroll down and make sure "ignore interface / disable DHCP" is checked.  Physical settings should have both the ethernet and the wifi in the lan.  You can delete any wan interface.

The addresses you set only affect the router itself accessing the Internet.  Whatever network you plug into will transfer to wireless users without needing to reconfigure the router's address.

The discussion might have continued from here.