OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: TP-Link Archer MR200

The content of this topic has been archived between 11 Apr 2018 and 6 May 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

@sebastiii
from the 'ip add' output it appears the LTE modem is not being recognized for some reason.
did you by any chance open up the device and remove the LTE card? if so ensure that you insert it again correctly.
if not, there might be some missing modules for some reason. please provide us with the output of 'lsmod' .
Also it would really help if you reboot the device and paste the output of 'logread' afterwards.
either ways, you likely don't need to worry. this is not serious. worse case, by a simple step you can revert back to heinz build.

This is what i have try to do this morning :
-Go to lan adapter settings, edit ipv4 - ip 192.168.0.66 and mask 255.255.0.0
-Open tftpd32 and choose/browse the ordner with the file ArcherC2V1_tp_recovery.bin, check "show Dir" if the right file choosen
- sysupgrade against new firmware : https://downloads.lede-project.org/snap … pgrade.bin

Result is the same, it act like an empty firmware.

So the ArcherC2V1_tp_recovery.bin from @Heinz has more bin / config / or whatever all the stuff to make the MR200 working and not this file : lede-ramips-mt7620-ArcherMR200-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin

Now i don't know if it's normal or a bug somewhere.

So i think i will flash again 'ArcherC2V1_tp_recovery.bin' to get back the mr200 working again smile

I know about this. I fix it yesterday and today fix is accepted by LEDE: https://git.lede-project.org/?p=source. … b532c90590
Wait to buildbot bulding new image. 

When You install new fixed image You can login to modem and set 3G/LTE conneciton and login to ssh to router and instal Luci using command:
opkg update
opkg install luci

Buildbot now started bulding firmware. wait ~20min.

(Last edited by Heinz on 24 Dec 2016, 09:29)

Thanks again smile

Guys,

With the help from @Heinz (thanks again).
The flash was working ok then installed luci and restored my config.

For now only 3ginfo didn't install but all other parts is working (it has also solved the privoxy issue i was getting).
Again thanks.

thanks to all for the amazing work!

managementboy wrote:

thanks to all for the amazing work!

I can only be agree smile

Does Wifi-5G now works ?

@Deam nope. MR200 has MT7610N wifi chipset and it is not supported by Openwrt/LEDE.

Hi smile

Does 3ginfo is working on official lede firmware ?
I have retry and it doesn't install
Thanks.

sebastiii wrote:

Hi smile

Does 3ginfo is working on official lede firmware ?
I have retry and it doesn't install
Thanks.

Show logs.

type first: opkg update
then opkg install http:........
because 3ginfo need comgt package

I am having troube opening up ssh from outside. I have set /etc/config/network to

config interface 'wan'
    option ifname 'usb0'
    option proto 'static'
        option ipaddr '192.168.225.100'
        option netmask '255.255.0.0'
        option gateway '192.168.255.1'
    option dns '192.168.225.1'

and firewall to

config rule
        option src              wan
        option dest_port        22
        option target           ACCEPT
        option proto            tcp

but can't access. What am I doing wrong?

Heinz wrote:

type first: opkg update
then opkg install http:........
because 3ginfo need comgt package

Thanks it works tongue

Does it exist a package to control data limit for each device ? Please tell me ;D.

EDIT:
Maybe no if there is no answer after so many days.

Is there something special in the officiell supported lede firmware ?
Can i now easy upgrade from the current lede GUI by Heinz ?
Or should i stay at meantime ?

(Last edited by Deam on 5 Jan 2017, 03:34)

Hi smile
On my side i have done the upgrade but i need to backup setting first because on upgrade all is not kept lol.
But after restoring the config it's ok smile

I have also a question.
I notice that often the sim card is no more detected after a while, it can be quick or take time, i didn't mange to find why it happen.

The only way to make it works again is to reboot the MR200.

So it is possible to auto-reboot it when it happen ?

I'm not sure why it happen, i have removed the sim and it was a little warm but not so much so no clue.

@sebastiii Can You check if the problem with the sim card is also on the factory software?

This is the message i'm getting when it happen : (from http://192.168.225.1/settings.html)

Connection Status
Connection Status:Disconnected
SIM Card Status:Not found
IPv4 Address:0.0.0.0
Dial-up Settings

Not real clue sad

Heinz wrote:

@sebastiii Can You check if the problem with the sim card is also on the factory software?

It will be hard to test because it seems to happen when there is data transfert and only with LEDE i can achieve the good data transfert.

So based on my previous post it just happen right now. (so around 45 min)

(Last edited by sebastiii on 8 Jan 2017, 21:42)

This time removed and inserted the card make it detect it again :

Connection Status
Connection Status:Connected
Network Type:LTE
IPv4 Address:1x.xxx.xx.xx
Dial-up Settings

I didn't remember that it was happening on your first firmware (MR200.zip from your google drive @Heinz)

Information :
About Device
Model: MR200(UN) 1.0
Firmware Version: 1.0.0 Build 160317 Rel.1041n
Hardware Version: MR200(UN) 1.0 v1.0

(Last edited by sebastiii on 8 Jan 2017, 21:54)

When i turn off 'Mobile Data'

I get this :
Connection Status
Connection Status:Disconnected
SIM Card Status:Ready
IPv4 Address:0.0.0.0

btw, i have seen more recent official firmware, so maybe worth a try ?
But how i can update it from lede ?
Thanks.
And this is normal tongue so not sure why it happen randomly !!! (the sim not found)

Hi smile

I have upgraded the whole firmware then updated to lede.
So i have done this :

1- Flashed from luci : mr200_back_to_stock.bin

2- After the first reboot, i have done a reset (from button) and reboot power off/on (without this i wasn't able to going to Web interface.)

3- Flashed the MR200 with the content of latest official firmware: Archer_MR200(EU)_V1_160905_1476936302791w.zip

4- TFTP to flash : ArcherC2V1_tp_recovery.bin

5- Update from luci latest bot build : lede-ramips-mt7620-ArcherMR200-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin

6- Install some needed package from my own (comgt / privoxy / redsocks)

7- Restored my config : backup-lede-2017-01-09.tar.gz

All was ready to works and now the Android 4G device was upgraded too tongue not sure if it's possible to do it differently.

Model: MR200(UN) 1.0
Firmware Version: 1.0.0 Build 160506 Rel.1047n
Hardware Version: MR200(UN) 1.0 v1.0
IMEI: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
MAC Address: 00:11:22:33:44:55

Will see the next weekend if the SIM goes to not found by itself.

(Last edited by sebastiii on 9 Jan 2017, 21:27)

Hi smile

I have let running mr200 with my SIM card (without data transfert at least very little) the whole night and the SIM status is OK :

Connection Status
Connection Status:Connected
Network Type:LTE

So it seems to be related when there is a lot of traffic generated, is this possible that Android card failed somehow ?

Another question, it's about the LED status :
@Heinz, there is a diff between your builded firmware and official LEDE (i have made screenshot for the comparaison)
It seems to be related to wifi led and when i have try to setup like your firmware, i didn't find the same value to put.

@sebastiii Leds have diffrent config because new lede build use new usbport trigger, and I not config leds use this trigger.