OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Nexx WT1520 support

The content of this topic has been archived between 31 Mar 2018 and 30 Apr 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

ngabcs wrote:

Dear all, Stuck in the thicket ...
I use the WT1520 Nexx basis. Unfortunately, I can not just five GPIO ports used by number of gpio18,19,20,21, the rest I can not get it to work.
I use the "script static" in https://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/hardware/port.gpio, but just found out this 5 port. One of the documents included in the gpio7, 9,10,11,12,13,14. The forums I found dts configurations, but I do not know not understand. The WT1520 like to use simple lines RX.TX port to the console, button, USB, Ethernet and WiFi. I do not need anything, only  other GPIO's. I can use Image build, but i can not use dts.
Can someone dts file and help? what is the GPIO0 and what use?

thx
G

With gpio7, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 have decided how to add, Chaos Calmer 15.05?

loderunner84 wrote:

fix it. by usb-uart connect and make firstboot. thanks for this thread!

Hi, I have bricked my WT1520F due to try to return to original firmware. The flash process was fine, but after rebot all was wrong. No light in led, no ip selectable for web menu, no ip present in arp request. Please, I am concerning about soldering wires in TX, RX and GND pads of mainboard. I have a USB to Serial device to connect to the wires (I think RX-TX, and TX-RX, also GND-GND). But I don not know the recovery procedure. What file I must use to recover the boot loader and how to proceed. I have a terminal program called SSCOM3.2 that allows me to transfer files using a serial connection. Any help is wellcome.

(Last edited by aestradarespeto on 13 Nov 2016, 20:40)

Sorry, for the price of these things, it wasn't worth the trouble of recovery and in fact, I finally gave up on these and moved on. Good luck, wish I could offer more.

I want to describe all my steps to make my WT1520 a perfect brick. As yo can read down I think my WT1520 was bricked due a bad flash trying to return from Padavan WT1520_3.4.3.9-097.trx firmware to original Nexx firmware NEXX_WT1520H_V1.15_2014011618_upgrade.bin . I have read how to solder wires in RX,TX and GND pads in WT1520 board, so I did it. Then uses a usbtoserial converter to connect it to a terminal program, and as many others have described here, I obtained a response at the serial console. This was the common 9 options countdown response that ever run as default the option 3: Boot system code via Flash (default). I tried 1 and 2 options with no luck. It ever ends with a TTTTTT waiting for the file. The 4 option gives poor options due to the fact that only gives a manual access to the pre-build options 1 to 9. The only option that seems to work was 7. So I decide to change bootloader for a more friendly one, with web based support, the breed-mt7620-reset11.bin file was the selected. I proceed to charge using serial, the charge was perfect and ends with Done. But was a complete disaster, the led light becomes ON full time, and the serial output gone away, no more terminal access was available. I was tried to do many reset tweaks, with time pushing reset and power/reset combinations, but no luck. Now my only option may be to use GPIO solder points an uses it as a JTAG way to recover the item. I have done years ago with my DSL504T router, so I have a Xilinx Jtag paralell port device, but I need to know the GPIO exact equivalence to the leads of my Xilinx Jtag. Then with the proper mtd0 file and the flasher utility, sure I can back to life the wt1520.

aestradarespeto wrote:
loderunner84 wrote:

fix it. by usb-uart connect and make firstboot. thanks for this thread!

Hi, I have bricked my WT1520F due to try to return to original firmware. The flash process was fine, but after rebot all was wrong. No light in led, no ip selectable for web menu, no ip present in arp request. Please, I am concerning about soldering wires in TX, RX and GND pads of mainboard. I have a USB to Serial device to connect to the wires (I think RX-TX, and TX-RX, also GND-GND). But I don not know the recovery procedure. What file I must use to recover the boot loader and how to proceed. I have a terminal program called SSCOM3.2 that allows me to transfer files using a serial connection. Any help is wellcome.

(Last edited by aestradarespeto on 5 Jan 2017, 18:01)

The discussion might have continued from here.