OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: How to make my own compat-wireless package

The content of this topic has been archived on 18 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hello everyone,

I would like to make my own compat-wireless package, because I want to test the latest ath10k driver for my wifi card.

Can anyone give me some suggestions about it ?

anyone knows ?

Hi there,

You may have better luck with the ath10k mailing list (http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/ath10k) or even looking at the wiki page for it (https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/use … ers/ath10k).

However, I'm curious what you're trying to do. I'm working with a device with ath10k on it, and all I've done is copy the latest firmware from the ath10k git repo to get some extra features (like 802.11s mesh support). What are you looking for? Have you compiled OpenWRT from scratch before? With some more information I might be able to help, but no guarantees.

Hello zsherin,

Thank you for reply. I would like to use latest ath10k driver for my clearfog board. I use OpenWRT trunk with compat-20160110. The driver is backported from 4.4 RC. Recently there are some new patches for ath10k driver. I would like to have a try and look forward for higher throughput.

The problem here is how to update or generate a new compat-wireless package which includes latest code from ath10k. The backports-output is easy to generate, but compiling them in OpenWRT build tree is hard for me.

Do you have any suggestion.

Hmmm. I'm sorry to say I haven't done that before. A completely blind guess would be to look at the source of the normal compat-wireless package, download it to your local tree, and substitute the output of your home-compiled compat-wireless. I have no idea what the output of your backports compilation looks like as I've never done it before.

Looking at the ath10k mailing list digest for the past few days, there are other people doing what you're talking about with OpenWRT. I would strongly suggest again that you ask there as it seems I don't have the knowledge to help you. Best of luck!

Hi there,
     I'm liudong. I have also recently upgraded compat-wireless.I do not know if you add equipment in ath10k successful?
Can you like to ask related issues? My email is liudong2879@163.com .
                                                                                                                               thanks.

The discussion might have continued from here.