OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Every click/event luci web ui asking username & password

The content of this topic has been archived on 12 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi,

I am new to openwrt. I have created openwrt base firmware for TP-LINK WR841N.

Compilation was successful.  I flash the firmware with new created bin file.

Everything seems OK but when I tried to access web UI it asking me username password as each click/event, say click on system, overview ask me authenticate again.

Can anyone guide me how to solve this issue.

make sure your url is just your router's ip address only

Yes. url is only routers IP address, i had check that.

Sorry for digging out old topic but maybe someone googling this problem will find this usefull:

Please make sure that you don't have luci already open in different tab. Automatic refresh in background will invalidate newly created session every 5 seconds.

I had this problem too and sure enough that was the issue.  Thanks for the refresher!

I ran into this issue, too. However, after the latest update and recompilation. the problem went away.

iamalittlepepper wrote:

make sure your url is just your router's ip address only

I got tripped up by this and I don't understand it.  (Actually, this particular droid is giving me fits).

If I use the numeric IP address, only, things go smoothly.
If I use the machine name, only, I get asked for passwords.

I've done some tinkering with VLANS on this router, and maybe I've caused myself a problem somehow.  It _works_ but if I go to the LuCI screen for Network / Interfaces there is a full twenty seconds of delay during which it is "Collecting data..." 

Same for the Wifi screen.  The "switch" screen sort-of appears immediately, but the "connected / not connected" icons take twenty seconds.

londe wrote:

Hi,

I am new to openwrt. I have created openwrt base firmware for TP-LINK WR841N.

Compilation was successful.  I flash the firmware with new created bin file.

Everything seems OK but when I tried to access web UI it asking me username password as each click/event, say click on system, overview ask me authenticate again.

Can anyone guide me how to solve this issue.

make sure the "rpcd" daemon is work correctly
if i stop this daemon - i was take same problem

You always assume its something worse than it is, I had too many tabs open. great help thanks

olewales wrote:

Sorry for digging out old topic but maybe someone googling this problem will find this usefull:

Please make sure that you don't have luci already open in different tab. Automatic refresh in background will invalidate newly created session every 5 seconds.

thanks!

edit: oh, original post is 2 years old.  ..sorry for bumping..

(Last edited by nuv on 22 Apr 2017, 13:20)

The discussion might have continued from here.