OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: which hardware better than LinksysWRT54gl v1.1

The content of this topic has been archived on 6 May 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hello,
I have linksysWRT 54GL v1.1 where I am running Openwrt and use b43. I faced many problem for example, after install the driver and add the firmware, the router works well for a while and then reject all the connection.
I dont know way. Now I want to replace the router with another one. I want you to recommand me a better hardware that work with broadcom card.

I would like to thank you in advance

wd-n750 is good get them cheep off ebay or wdr3600 wdr4300 TP-link c7

Wrong section.

stangri wrote:

Wrong section.

True. But also pretty much everything mentioned in this forum is better than WRT 54GL v1.1 which is right now already pretty ancient.

Yes,it is.

dziny wrote:
stangri wrote:

Wrong section.

True. But also pretty much everything mentioned in this forum is better than WRT 54GL v1.1 which is right now already pretty ancient.

I had this grandpa (WRT54GLv1.1) for ages and just changed it (Dec 11, 2016) for WRT1900ACSv2. My decision was based on my past experience with LInksys. Though Linksys has been bought from Cisco by Belkin international, I will still recommend using their products over any other due to reliability and long term durability. You can rarely brick them except done deliberate.

I am currently running dd-wrt and openwrt on my new WRT19900ACSv2 because it is dual boot. I completely replaced the original firmware with dd-wrt as second firmware choice for power and ease of booting process. The configuration is very easy. If you ever buy this hardware and need help, you can contact me through the forum. Alternatively, read the Wiki pages and ask questions in the various forums.

The discussion might have continued from here.