OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Table of Hardware cleanup: Devices still available in 2016?

The content of this topic has been archived on 29 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

@all: I need your help in updating the Table of Hardware regarding availability of devices

We have approx. 270 devices in the Table of Hardware, which have set their Availability field only to "Available",
see ToH filtered for "Available".

In order to improve data quality and the value of the datatables that are using this data, we need to check if these devices are still available in 2016. Especially the Table of Hardware: Ideal for OpenWrt depends on the availability to be more or less up to date.

Therefore, if you have nothing better to do during the next days, and if you know about (un-)availability of a device, please update the dataentry accordingly.

• In the ToH filtered for "Available", last column, click "View/Edit data"

• Then edit the dataentry via the LEFT edit button below the dataentry box

• If device still available in 2016 -> Edit dataentry, set to "Available 2016"

• If device is listed as EOL by the manufacturer, or is no longer available at the big sellers (e.g. amazon.com/de/fr/it/....) -> Edit dataentry, set to "Discontinued"

• Save

Thanks for your help and merry christmas! smile

Hi there - happy to help with this- it would be nice to give something back to the community.
So, I looked at Asus - and of 20 listed in the ToH, half have now disappeared from the Asus UK website. Do you think that result is enough to mean status = discontinued  for those devices?

In general, I try to find official EOL information at the OEM, but only few OEMs have good data on this subject.
If that's not available, I try to find the device at amazon.de/.com/.uk (need to check more than one!) or other local well known suppliers. If you can't buy it "new", then it might be EOL / Discontinued.
If that leads to no result, try at dx.com or something like this.

The essence of this: Try different sources in different countries.

That seems a reasonable approach. Leave it with me and I will be back in touch soon

tmo26 - see your email..

-verbose please; I can't relate any email to you or this thread.

my email to you - with spreadsheet on the analysis done - bounced back from the address on your profile...

tried this and got the error "Sorry, you don't have enough rights to upload files."

1) Why did your email bounce? What was the error message?
2) You need to be logged in to upload stuff to the /media namespace. What is your username in the wiki?
3) Do you have any other ways of providing this file? dropbox, google drive, ...?

(Last edited by tmo26 on 13 Jan 2017, 20:47)

The discussion might have continued from here.