OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Vonets Var11n Plus uboot

The content of this topic has been archived between 1 Apr 2018 and 24 Apr 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

Do you have vonetsMINI300 ?I think those items same baud rate,115200 and 9600 maybe dont correct on my var11n-300, I use 115200 on LINKSYS EA3500 is OK

arbatjc wrote:

Inside dump of my original fw MINI300, have string, just quote:

bootcmd=tftp
bootdelay=0
baudrate=57600
ethaddr="00:AA:BB:CC:D1:10"
ipaddr=192.168.1.101
serverip=192.168.1.193

thanks, I can connect now, hey, can you flash openwrt on your MINI300?

I was able to flash OpenWRT on MINI300.
I'm currently working on the patches to make it public.

nochkin wrote:

thanks for your info, waiting for your firmware publish

arbatjc wrote:
hongdat1106 wrote:

can you flash openwrt on your MINI300?

What a release?

Please see my sig for the answer.

arbatjc wrote:

Are you saw, what inside of original fw, have many strings, like a some options, invisible for users?

Yes, I saw it. But I don't care about those because I'm using OpenWRT instead of their stock firmware.

nochkin wrote:

hi nochkin, any update?can you share how to flash mini300 to openwrt?Thanks

I posted a patch to Linux kernel, it was approved. I don't know how long it will take to get to the OpenWRT dev branch.
If it takes longer, I'll probably get some work-around by doing the same patch for OpenWRT branch.
Sorry, I'm new to the process and it may take longer than usual.

I have the hackru's ISO where I fixed some issues and make it work properly for the latest mini300 units.
It's not OpenWRT though. I believe it's Padavan firmware.
You can try that one if you like: https://mega.nz/#!dBUTlIIT
The key is !FCfbvYB1jA_n2kDsr6IQZsEJGrLR_diBpRDz0maaZ5k

nochkin wrote:

I have the hackru's ISO where I fixed some issues and make it work properly for the latest mini300 units.
It's not OpenWRT though. I believe it's Padavan firmware.
You can try that one if you like: https://mega.nz/#!dBUTlIIT
The key is !FCfbvYB1jA_n2kDsr6IQZsEJGrLR_diBpRDz0maaZ5k

Thanks for your share.
I don't know connection between Computer and MINI300. Can you tell me?

Computer (USB boot pluged) <----connected---> MINI300 (via RJ45)???? Need to config Ip address?
Sorry for my bad understand sad

hongdat1106 wrote:

Computer (USB boot pluged) <----connected---> MINI300 (via RJ45)???? Need to config Ip address?

Connect the router to your PC directly using a patch cable. Boot from the image (CD or USB Flash), then it will do the rest. It will take several minutes to complete, don't interrupt it.
Of course, this is all at your own risk.

arbatjc wrote:

Ночькин, я почему-то сразу так и подозревал, что ты автор того первого релиза, сегодня апробирую твой новый релиз, спасибо.
Оставайся на связи, здесь все свои.. :-)

Я не автор, я только пофиксил несколько багов, из-за которых не у всех обновлялось как надо. Возможно, это связано с новыми версиями, но теперь должно работать со всеми.

arbatjc wrote:

Now your update, can give IP to LAN client (via RJ45), when working as WIFI-repeater, or still no as in the first release?

You get a completely different firmware where you can do anything you like.
Also, the boot will be updated too so you can load OpenWRT easier in the future.

(Last edited by nochkin on 9 Jun 2016, 17:12)

у автора сменилось семейное положение, так что некогда было этим заниматься wink хорошо, когда люди могут не только ныть в камментах, но и взять и разобраться и починить.

hackru wrote:

у автора сменилось семейное положение, так что некогда было этим заниматься

Привет. Надеюсь, изменения в лучшую сторону. Если так, то поздравляю!

arbatjc wrote:
hongdat1106 wrote:

Thanks for your share.
Sorry for my bad understand sad

1) Before to upgrade, very important to do restoring Vonets to default, like a hw|soft reset.
2) Make USB-bootable, from downloaded ISO.
3) Power Up router, check what you will see on the WiFi area Vonets_AP.
4) Put RJ-45 to your lan-card and MINI300. (PC<-RJ45->MINI300)
5) Reboot your PC and choice to boot from USB
6) With some patience, will wait for the ending upgrade, make sure what last string will be: Done!
7) Reboot your PC and router.
8) Checking WiFi area. You must see AP MySKU. Pwd is:1234567890, next: admin|admin.
9) Thats all folks! Welcome to latest like a OpenWRT in the russian interface.

Additional, after upgrading, I've making using my HW Programmer a full dump of this is update from chip.MX25L3206E.

nochkin wrote:
hongdat1106 wrote:

Connect the router to your PC directly using a patch cable. Boot from the image (CD or USB Flash), then it will do the rest. It will take several minutes to complete, don't interrupt it.
Of course, this is all at your own risk.

Thanks, I will try.
My ROuter is VAR11N-300. Can it flash with this firmware (ISO) ?Please advise me!

(Last edited by hongdat1106 on 13 Jun 2016, 07:20)

hongdat1106 wrote:

My ROuter is VAR11N-300. Can it flash with this firmware (ISO) ?Please advise me!

I don't have this model to check and try.
I think it should because this is the same series of 300M routers, but I can't guarantee it.

If the router has no use anyway, I think it makes sense to try it. You have nothing to lose.
But if you use the router and just want additional functionality and don't want to risk it, then I would suggest to get the MINI300.

(Last edited by nochkin on 13 Jun 2016, 16:50)

Reset to Factory, set Working mode to Bridge (default is Router).
Device flash fail, board is same MINI300 but I loop at this screen. See attach : https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4jG2 … DRVZWhrY3c
Please help!

(Last edited by hongdat1106 on 14 Jun 2016, 08:43)

arbatjc wrote:

If you are not sure, as some idea, try to compare HW of this is two models: like a main chip, memory, wifi module.

That's not good enough. Even if the chips match, it does not mean the firmware will work too.
There is much more than just "main chip, memory, wifi" involved into that.

hongdat1106,
It looks like it rebooted. What firmware do you have after the reboot?

nochkin wrote:

hongdat1106,

It is still stock firmware and it auto reset to factory after reboot.

while flashing firmware, do i need click upgrade on stock web of router? I can't connect to stock web while router is connecting to LiveCD

(Last edited by hongdat1106 on 15 Jun 2016, 03:11)

hongdat1106 wrote:
nochkin wrote:

hongdat1106,

It is still stock firmware and it auto reset to factory after reboot.

while flashing firmware, do i need click upgrade on stock web of router? I can't connect to stock web while router is connecting to LiveCD

Nothing needs to be done on your side besides connecting the cable and booting from the image.
Are you sure you used the updated image I provided recently and not the original one as provided by hackru earlier?

arbatjc wrote:

If you don't understand how, just explain to you. Is it very easy when we use a HW programmer. And after, so simply...Or device start up, or no. Thats all.

I think it's obvious he has no such programmer and that's why I'm warning about the possibility to brick the unit.

arbatjc wrote:

hongdat1106, do you have some news?

Hi arbatjc,

I can't flash my Router (Var11N-300). Change working mode to Bridge, it can run script a moment then reboot and can't flash (after reboot it was been recover deffault). It was been loop

Hi,

I have a new Vonets with the same PCB, and I have been able to use HackRu's ISO to unlock previous units of this model (VAR11N-PLUS)

However, with the new firmware, the upgrade does not work. When I try from the GUI, it says "Server is disconnected, please check the network"

Is it possible that Vonets have changed the server the router looks for?

The firmware on mine is V2.0.21.28.18 (Oct 12 2015)

Would it be possible to have a version of the ISO that is slightly less "cloak and dagger", so it is actually possible to log in to the system and monitor what is happening? (e.g. run tcpdump etc)

mfirth,
There are a couple minor issues on the original hackru's image. Did you try my image which I listed in this thread?