OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Package hello is missing dependencies for the following libraries

The content of this topic has been archived on 29 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi all,
I am building a simple package "hello"  for using attitude adjustment sdk from: http://downloads.openwrt.org/attitude_a … 2.tar.bz2.
however currently i am stuck with missing library file problem:libc.so.6
.......................problem......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Package hello is missing dependencies for the following libraries:
libc.so.6
make[3]: *** [/home/li/openwrt/OpenWrt-SDK-brcm47xx-for-linux-i486-gcc-4.6-linaro_uClibc-0.9.33.2/bin/brcm47xx/packages/hello_1_brcm47xx.ipk] Error 1
.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

................................my Makeile..................................................................................................................................................................................................................

include $(TOPDIR)/rules.mk
PKG_NAME:=hello
PKG_RELEASE:=1

PKG_BUILD_DIR:=$(BUILD_DIR)/$(PKG_NAME)

include $(INCLUDE_DIR)/package.mk

define Package/hello
        SECTION:=utils
        CATEGORY:=Utilities
        TITLE:=Hello--prints a snarky message
        DEPENDS:=+libstdcpp
endef

define Package/hello/description
Ethernet bridging configuration utility
Manage ethernet bridging; a way to connect networks together to
form a larger network.
endef

define Build/Prepare
        mkdir -p $(PKG_BUILD_DIR)
endef

define Package/hello/install
        $(INSTALL_DIR) $(1)/bin
        $(INSTALL_BIN) $(PKG_BUILD_DIR)/hello $(1)/bin/
endef

$(eval $(call BuildPackage,hello))
..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................

what i should do ?
please help,thank you!

(Last edited by 550331489 on 20 Jun 2013, 14:33)

Please read this howto.

(Last edited by mazilo on 20 Jun 2013, 16:15)

thank mazilo very much.

but i think the program have no problem.when i use backfile SDK  with  the same Makefile and the same c program ,i can  create the ipk successful.but when i use attitude adjustment SDK,it reminds me the problem i mentioned above.

I got the same problem here , folks, did you solve the problem yet?

550331489 wrote:

Hi all,
I am building a simple package "hello"  for using attitude adjustment sdk from: http://downloads.openwrt.org/attitude_a … 2.tar.bz2.
however currently i am stuck with missing library file problem:libc.so.6
.......................problem......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Package hello is missing dependencies for the following libraries:
libc.so.6
make[3]: *** [/home/li/openwrt/OpenWrt-SDK-brcm47xx-for-linux-i486-gcc-4.6-linaro_uClibc-0.9.33.2/bin/brcm47xx/packages/hello_1_brcm47xx.ipk] Error 1

I only see feeds/packages/libs/libcli calls for libc with the EXTERNAL_TOOLCHAIN. So, I don't know if this a good/proper approach and/or will help. Edit your OpenWRT Makefile for your helloworld package and modify the DEPENDS line to look like this:

DEPENDS:=+libstdcpp +libc

thank you,i haven't solved the problem yet,but i will have a try to modify the "dipends" in " makefile"

Hello,

Did you solve this problem about libc.so.6
I have the following error.

Package beacon_server is missing dependencies for the following libraries:
libc.so.6
libpaho-mqtt3c.so.1
libwebsockets.so.9

I added

+libc

to DEPENDS

But it didn't work. Thank you for your answers.

(Last edited by rcetin on 5 Dec 2016, 08:00)

Please don't revive old threads and force everyone to read a bunch of messages that are not relevant.

Create a new thread that clearly describes your problem.

The discussion might have continued from here.