OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Is there any way to install openwrt on Raspberry pi 3?

The content of this topic has been archived on 28 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

I'm trying to install openwrt on Raspberry pi 3. But, I'm unable to boot the openwrt on Raspberry pi 3.Is there any way to openwrt on Raspberry pi 3?

Also interested about this!!

Ram, I'm unable to download the test file image since it is not present in the location which you mentioned.

Could you check and upload it .

It would be very helpful.

Thanks

My bad, bcm2708, bcm2709 see if these are present in make menuconfig, if its there compile it and flash, it should work

I found this thread searching for Raspberry Pi support. The one link provided above goes to a message in February 2016, and the two links to img files are both 404.

Where is the development of OpenWRT for the Raspberry Pi (2 or 3) going on?

(Last edited by timg11 on 4 Dec 2016, 23:54)

LEDE seems to build Rpi snapshots:
downloads.lede-project.org/snapshots/targets/brcm2708/bcm2708/lede-brcm2708-bcm2708-rpi-ext4-sdcard.img.gz

I didn't test them myself, though.
I don't know if there still is any form of cooperation between LEDE and OpenWrt. If so, Rpi support may find its way into OpenWrt someday...

Zapp! wrote:

LEDE seems to build Rpi snapshots:
downloads.lede-project.org/snapshots/targets/brcm2708/bcm2708/lede-brcm2708-bcm2708-rpi-ext4-sdcard.img.gz

I didn't test them myself, though.
I don't know if there still is any form of cooperation between LEDE and OpenWrt. If so, Rpi support may find its way into OpenWrt someday...

Rpi3 is here http://downloads.lede-project.org/snaps … 8/bcm2710/

stas2z wrote:

Rpi3 is here

thanks for the information!

The discussion might have continued from here.