OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: GL.iNet AR150 (AR9331 SoC, comes with finetuned OpenWRT pre-installed)

The content of this topic has been archived on 25 Apr 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

Not sure if this also works on their main firmware.  a short-press on the reset button works on their Domino device

shortpress toggles Wifi on and off        wait a few sec. until the Wifi comes up
longpress = reset

again i'm not sure if this works the firmware you have loaded but give it a try.

On a new AR150 I sysupgraded to trunk as of pi-day (160314). df returned this, with 0 available in /dev/root. I installed anyway:

Filesystem           1K-blocks      Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/root                 2048      2048         0 100% /rom
tmpfs                    30272        68     30204   0% /tmp
/dev/mtdblock5           12800       492     12308   4% /overlay
overlayfs:/overlay       12800       492     12308   4% /
tmpfs                      512         0       512   0% /dev

opkg install nano wget luci uboot-envtools usbutils htop wireless-tools kmod-usb-core kmod-usb-storage kmod-fs-ext4 kmod-fs-vfat kmod-nls-cp437 kmod-nls-iso8859-1 e2fsprogs fdisk kmod-usb2 kmod-rtl8187 wireless-tools kmod-rt2800-lib kmod-rt2800-usb kmod-rt2x00-lib kmod-rt2x00-usb coreutils-stty kmod-usb-serial-pl2303 kmod-usb-serial-cp210x kmod-usb-serial-ftdi kmod-usb-serial-ch341 picocom

opkg install kmod-i2c-core kmod-i2c-gpio kmod-i2c-gpio-custom kmod-i2c-algo-bit kmod-rtc-ds1307

opkg install lua luasocket wireless-tools ser2net usbutils kmod-usb-ohci kmod-video-core kmod-video-uvc mjpg-streamer kmod-usb-uhci motion netcat

All went successfully except for kmod-rtc-ds1307.
Then df

root@GL-iNet:~# df again:
Filesystem           1K-blocks      Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/root                 2048      2048         0 100% /rom
tmpfs                    30272       636     29636   2% /tmp
/dev/mtdblock5           12800      4412      8388  34% /overlay
overlayfs:/overlay       12800      4412      8388  34% /
tmpfs                      512         0       512   0% /dev

/dev/mtdblock5 went from to 12308 available to 8388 available. I guess that means that packages installed with opkg, which used to go into /dev/root, now appear to go to /dev/mtdblock5. Is that correct? New in DD?

Makes sense to me to have separated out packages from kernel.

Now, with trunk, I have to hope I installed everything I will need.

uname -a
Linux GL-iNet 4.1.16 #1 Sun Mar 13 12:47:35 UTC 2016 mips GNU/Linux

(Last edited by lizby on 14 Mar 2016, 17:46)

Does anyone know if the current release (openwrt-ar71xx-generic-gl-ar150-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin) supports OpenVPN client mode for servers that require second (e.g. multi) factor authentication?  The current GL.iNet software v2.2 doesn't. 

In addition none of my openvpn configuration files with encoded account information (e.g. User locked config files that do not prompt for a name or password) display in the manager.

It's a good device for the traveler who uses public wi-fi.  Supporting two-factor would make it a great device.

I would like to use the switch button on this device to turn on/off openvpn client. It's the switch with the options 0 or 1. It's next to the reset button. I am not sure how to configure this. Is there anyone who could point me to the right direction?

/etc/rc.button/* contains four files: failsafe, power, reset, rfkill. But I am not sure how to find out which button belongs to which file/ action.

This is what logread output gives me, when I follow the "Hotplug Buttons" instructions. But from here on I get stuck and do not know how to proceed.

Sun Dec  4 08:53:41 2016 user.notice root: the button was BTN_8 and the action was released
Sun Dec  4 08:53:45 2016 user.notice root: the button was BTN_8 and the action was pressed

That appeared super easy to do

cat /etc/hotplug.d/button/00-buttons 
#!/bin/sh
[ "$ACTION" = "released" -a "$BUTTON" = "BTN_8" ] && /etc/init.d/openvpn stop
[ "$ACTION" = "pressed" -a "$BUTTON" = "BTN_8" ] && /etc/init.d/openvpn start

Hi everybody,
I just bought the AR150 and I would like to set up the router to have the wifi turned off at certain times of the day. I think this can be done using cron.. is that right ?
If so, can I do it with the default OS or should I install/flash something else ?
Thanks !

Liryc wrote:

Hi everybody,
I just bought the AR150 and I would like to set up the router to have the wifi turned off at certain times of the day. I think this can be done using cron.. is that right ?
If so, can I do it with the default OS or should I install/flash something else ?
Thanks !

Yes, also with the default firmware you can simply ssh into the machine and do

crontab -e

One word of caution, the hardware pinout of the 10pin header has changed slightly (possibly in a hardware revision i guess). The GND pin next to the 3.3v pin is now a 5v pin. There are some other slight modifications as well (such as a smaller ram chip), but the 5v pin change is particularly important (at least to me! smile )

This one is the PoE version (or the one with the PoE module pre-installed really). I was expecting this to be a normalish/cheap 24v passive poe module, but it is in fact a 48v fully compliant 802.3af PoE module which is quite nice.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/takigama/glinet_ar150_gps_daughterboard/master/GL150_pinout_change/IMG_20170608_214517_ws.jpg

Hi!

I bought 2 GL-AR150 and one is working as intended (default configuration, as labeled in the sticker of its back).
The other one came out of the box broadcasting an open wlan named "OpenWrt", which wasn't Luci Lede web-gui accessible.

I followed the instructions to uboot safe mode with web gui and uploaded several firmwares always getting to the same situation: after its update the LEDs keep flashing: green-green-red (one at a time) forever.

Trying to access 192.168.1.1 through the web browser I get "Index of/" displayed only with the option to download "art.bin; modified: Sat, 20 May 2017 03:14:01 GMT ; application/octet-stream - 64.00 kbyte".

I can't get to setup this device. What am I doing wrong?? Regards.

Probably worth contacting GL.inet including the details of your purchase before doing anything else. 

You do not say what firmware you have tried specifically but this link is to the firmware that should have been factory delivered:
http://www.gl-inet.com/firmware/ar150/v1/
Use the 2.264 version at this point.  You may have received inventory that is back a few digits.

The good device, when connected to the internet, should actually tell you there is an upgrade available and you should be able to install this from the WebGUI.  Indeed you should be able to go back and forth between firmware's directly from the WebGui (Gl.inet or Luci) and, barring issues, not really need the u-boot console.  I do not suggest development versions for many reasons.

If you want firmware without the GL.inet GUI (which is especially good if you want to use the device for travel) there is also a gl.inet "clean" version here: http://www.gl-inet.com/firmware/ar150/clean/
and a LEDE 17.01.4 here: https://downloads.lede-project.org/rele … x/generic/ (search the page for ar150)

The discussion might have continued from here.