OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: help connect to the remote router

The content of this topic has been archived on 2 May 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum I decided to write because I can not configure the firewall to access to the remote router. I have a Huawei HG553 with about Chaos Calmer 15:05 to which I connect a dongle modem Huawei E3251 with TIM
I can surf all goes well, I state that I am a self-taught I installed it myself OpenWRT on the router and also package service type transmission mjpg streamers and also the configuration for the connection to the modem, thanks to the giude found on the net, but I can not reach the port 80 or 443 of the remote router.
I thank all those who wanted to give me a hand
Marco

Under traffic rules open port 80.

nitroshift

Marco, remote router is not your router, it is another router? If you want to connect to remote router, it should have real IP, so to get real static IP via 3G it is not possible, to my mind.

Thank you for your intervention
nitroshift you mean by that network / firewall / traffic rules / Open ports on router  or
network / firewall / traffic rules / New rule forward

thank you for your intervention
ulmiwind I'll explain
at home I have a broadband router with avm fritz box when I connect openwrt (Huawei HG553) the fritz in wwan and do port forwarding rules on Huawei's okay
when openwrt (Huawei HG553) is connected to the modem stick
it does not work
it is as if the router is connected to the modem in wan
In fact, the gateway is different is also the address of the IP router is different
I do portforwanding on the modem to the router
but how can you do?

Marco, I don't understand completely. At home you have router running OpenVPN SERVER, and from modem Huawei HG553 running OpenVPN CLIENT you are connecting to the home router? Which two cases have you described, when OK and doesn't work?

Hello ulmiwind sorry for my english but I use google translator
I have not spoken of vpn, I can not configure VPN between Fritzbox and openwrt.
I would like to reach the interface luci openwrt remotely
and even 8080 for MJPG
doing the tests I saw that if the router openwrt and connected to the WAN of the router Fritzbox and I rule portforwarding port 80 on the Fritzbox then OpenWRT is accessible remotely.
If I connect to the router OpenWRT stick modem (Huawei E3251)
Every rule I do on the openwrt router firewall can not reach the router.
Some say that the door 80 is closed, but I think it's not true because I tested the connection between two PCs connected to two routers with teamviewer it works .... also does the VPN
Can I set the fixed ip addresses to the modem? I can add rules of portforwarding the modem?

Some providers block common service ports like 80, 21, etc. Try using a non-standard port above 1023.

Also check if the modem is connecting you to internet (has public IP address) or to a CG-NAT. If it is CG-NATted then try setting up IPv6 for that.

The discussion might have continued from here.