OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: usb_modeswitch not working

The content of this topic has been archived on 20 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hello, I'm trying to conect a Quectel UC15 3G USB Modem with the Chaos Calmer version running on a Olimex iMX233-OLinuXino-MAXI board.

When we connect the usb module in one of the ports we see no changes on the usb devices list, and when we try to run the command usb_modeswitch we get the answer: -ash: usb_modeswitch: not found. Which confuses me because i have installed the package usb-modeswitch.

Is there something I'm missing?

Thank you for your help.

nestoram wrote:

When we connect the usb module in one of the ports we see no changes on the usb devices list

Then the module is not loaded or installed (or compiled into the kernel)

I have the exact same problem. My USB 4G dongle is in CD-ROM mode but I couldn't find a way to get usb_modeswitch to run although the package is installed. I always get the "usb_modeswitch not found" message. I'm on Chaos Calmer 15.05.1

Could anybody help me with this?
Thanks
Philip

usbmode, not "usb_modeswitch"

(Last edited by obsy on 28 Dec 2016, 07:56)

Thank you for your reply.
So "usbmode" replaces "usb-modeswitch"? I'm sorry, I'm really new to this and all the forum posts I find refer to usb-modeswitch, most of the posts are a couple of years old, I thought something might have changed.

I just read through this article again (wiki openwrt org/doc/recipes/3gdongle) and found the note about usbmode. That means it should switch the mode automatically and if not it's an unknown product, is that correct?

usbmode -l doesn't give me any results

The discussion might have continued from here.