OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Installing on wr740n

The content of this topic has been archived on 2 May 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

im having problems to install the openwrt on the tp-link wr740n v3

in the wiki says:
Tested v3 with Attitude Adjustment 12.09, works without apparent problems. My router didn't accepted the .bin file (Error code: 18005), used this method for modifying the bin header and it worked. Download tool.

The link to download tool are broken

your firmware is locked, please follow my instruction to unlocked it
https://scontent.fhan2-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/14992049_1365899660101531_274900425477716180_n.png?oh=12ae52482f7c0267edb1ec7eb250d357&oe=58C7A570
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDO0ya9tJCw

(Last edited by freewifimarketing.net on 13 Nov 2016, 07:42)

freewifimarketing.net wrote:

So, your short answer would be to install using the TFTP method.
Although, it usually took me much longer to setup my TFTP server, than the 8 minutes you waste by transferring the image via Kermit on the serial port using loadb instead of tftpboot (see reference here).

MBS wrote:

Although, it usually took me much longer to setup my TFTP server, than the 8 minutes you waste by transferring the image via Kermit on the serial port using loadb instead of tftpboot (see reference here).

Hi, if firmware is locked, TFTP method will fail, and you need to solder console interface to flash it

I had already managed to install the ddwrt.....

MBS wrote:

Hi, if firmware is locked, TFTP method will fail, and you need to solder console interface to flash it

Which is exactly what's written in the wiki link I posted.

The discussion might have continued from here.