OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: wire connection is slower than wireless?

The content of this topic has been archived on 28 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hello,

I flashed OpenWrt to my TP-Link TL-WR841N/ND v7 router with the latest version [OpenWrt Chaos Calmer 15.05 / LuCI (git-15.248.30277-3836b45)].(No pakages are installed, no other modify is done other than setup the wireless interface) It looks everything is working except the upload speed.

my network topology is like PC/cellphone ->router -> modem -> internet. With a 50Mbps/5Mbps plan. And I tested with PC-> modem, the speed works as 50Mbps/5Mbps;

howerver, with PC (wired) ->router (openwrt) -> modem, I only get 50Mbps/2Mbps in speedtest.

More strangely, with phone(wireless) ->router (openwrt) -> modem, my phone get 50Mbps/5Mbps in speedtest.

It looks like the router limit the wired connnect upload speed to 2Mbps. Can anyone kind enough to give me some clue what may cause that?

Best

(Last edited by cjffly0423 on 23 Oct 2016, 00:30)

Install iperf on router, download iperf for PC os (windows ?) and run speed test between router and PC

Hi

Could we install Iperf via LuCI web interface?

Thanks!

Iperf is command line tool, you will not avoid going command line.
opkg update
opkg install iperf

The discussion might have continued from here.