OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: davidc502 1900ac 3200acm builds

The content of this topic has been archived between 26 Feb 2018 and 7 May 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

@davidc502
Loaded your latest, r1922, today on my wrt1900ac v1. Looking good so far. Will know for sure this eve as that is when the streaming takes place in this house. The iperf test that I normally run after every install either Openwrt/LEDE or DD-WRT shows this build to be one of the quickest.

Good work in sorting out the wireless issues. 

--bill

bill1228 wrote:

@davidc502
Loaded your latest, r1922, today on my wrt1900ac v1. Looking good so far. Will know for sure this eve as that is when the streaming takes place in this house. The iperf test that I normally run after every install either Openwrt/LEDE or DD-WRT shows this build to be one of the quickest.

Good work in sorting out the wireless issues. 

--bill

Actually, that would be Kaloz to thank... I just push a button and it does its thing smile

If you want to read about the improvements >  https://github.com/kaloz/mwlwifi/commits/master

(Last edited by davidc502 on 18 Oct 2016, 23:03)

thepatrikos wrote:

@davidc502,
Thank you so much for this!
Again, sorry for nagging about these packages. (I have people that want their Wi-Fi to work...)

On another note, does anyone know if Marvell has implemented beam-forming in their open-source driver?
(I've heard that they haven't, but I see an option for it in Linksys stock)

Beam-forming is a part of the opensource wifi driver by default. By default I'm not meaning it just works by default, as I'm sure a lot of people worked hard to get it to work as expected.

Another quick point about Beam-forming --  Beam-forming is a specification of 802.11ac which is in the public domain.

(Last edited by davidc502 on 18 Oct 2016, 23:52)

@davidc502,
Huh, interesting.
For some reason, I get a stronger 5ghz signal on stock, and I don't know what's the reason behind it.
Thanks anyway!

@davidc502,

a couple of packages needed for HTTPS access to luci seem to have been dropped from this build – was in last build:

root@SandWRT:~# opkg install px5g-polarssl uhttpd-mod-tls
Unknown package 'px5g-polarssl'.
Unknown package 'uhttpd-mod-tls'.
Collected errors:
* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package px5g-polarssl.
* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package uhttpd-mod-tls.

Can this be added back in?  Should I be using something different?

Thanks

(Last edited by btrv on 19 Oct 2016, 13:18)

@davidc502

We all love your builds but I'm seeing alot of posts regarding missing packages. Would it be possible to add all of them to your buildconfiguration? If its matter of CPU time or space, let me know I have plenty and would really like to help out if you are in need.

Redferne wrote:

@davidc502

We all love your builds but I'm seeing alot of posts regarding missing packages. Would it be possible to add all of them to your buildconfiguration? If its matter of CPU time or space, let me know I have plenty and would really like to help out if you are in need.

It would be nice to add all the packages, and it's easy to select them all to be compiled... However, there is always a bunch that fail to compile, killing the script from completing.

Interesting find here... Appears if packages are selected and menuconfig is closed. Opening menuconfig back up, seems to over-write the previous selections. (Some change and others do not)

Seems as though backing up the .config and re-importing, should to be done each time menuconfig is called. I haven't been doing that, and that's probably why packages keep dropping off of the build, which is frustrating.

(Last edited by davidc502 on 19 Oct 2016, 16:10)

btrv wrote:

@davidc502,

a couple of packages needed for HTTPS access to luci seem to have been dropped from this build – was in last build:

root@SandWRT:~# opkg install px5g-polarssl uhttpd-mod-tls
Unknown package 'px5g-polarssl'.
Unknown package 'uhttpd-mod-tls'.
Collected errors:
* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package px5g-polarssl.
* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package uhttpd-mod-tls.

Can this be added back in?  Should I be using something different?

Thanks

@btrv

See if you can install the packages found here >. http://davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net/btrv.zip

I also included the images, if you need to go that route.

Best Regards,

Can now report that I had no issues with streaming last night using 5Ghz channel 149 80 width with your latest, r1922 on my wrt1900ac v1.

Thank you Kaloz for the work you did on wireless drivers.

--bill

@davidc502

Oh I'd so like to flash the latest build but I'm terrified that some random package that I need is missing... Decisions decisions smile

@Redferne

You have ssh access right?

If you do, you can always go back to the original build by doing the following.

SSH & Determine which partition you are on

fw_printenv boot_part

example:
root@lede:~# fw_printenv boot_part
boot_part=1

To boot to partition 2 run this command.

fw_setenv boot_part 2
reboot

Just do the opposite if you're on 2 and need to go to 1.

good morning, I have a question, I have a Linksys WRT1900 ACS router and I would flash Open WRT on it, especially the davidc502' s version. Which version of firmware can I install? The shelby version I think but there are two different versions, one called lede-mvebu-linksys-wrt1900acs-squashfs-factory.img ancd the other one called lede-mvebu-linksys-wrt1900acs-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin

Is there any guide to flash it or I can flash the image hust from the web GUI of the router?
Can I flash the davidc502 firmware directly from the original firmware? or first should I flash open wrt and than upgrade with the lede version of davidc502?

You should have a look at the wiki. There's a ton of information in there regarding installation, recovery and other information.

samumanny wrote:

good morning, I have a question, I have a Linksys WRT1900 ACS router and I would flash Open WRT on it, especially the davidc502' s version. Which version of firmware can I install? The shelby version I think but there are two different versions, one called lede-mvebu-linksys-wrt1900acs-squashfs-factory.img ancd the other one called lede-mvebu-linksys-wrt1900acs-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin

Is there any guide to flash it or I can flash the image hust from the web GUI of the router?
Can I flash the davidc502 firmware directly from the original firmware? or first should I flash open wrt and than upgrade with the lede version of davidc502?

Hello if your still running the Linksys firmware you can flash from the Linksys GUI with the image "Renamed ACS **NEW LEDE Build available** Shelby" and use "lede-mvebu-linksys-wrt1900acs-squashfs-factory.img" you use the other image if you already have LEDE installed and want to update to a new version

Firmware Version    Lede Torero r1922 / LuCI Master (git-16.288.36935-1e1a706)
Kernel Version    4.4.24

Have been running above build for the last two days without issue on the WRT1900AC (v1 mamba). WiFi radios are happy, with no drop out complaints from the household cellphone users (5Ghz) or movie stream interruptions(2.4Ghz).

So it appears 'sweetness and light' has returned...   smile

Cheers

Hans

PS

With respect to my previous query regarding CRC errors; it turned out to be a bad cable as I switched from a Cat5e cable to Cat6 and the CRC error has resolved itself. Upgraded the Intel NIC driver as well and the kernel log is no longer 'cranky' with CRC errors.

Update on Linksys WRT1900AC support page 530 post 13,247

The only query I have is the odd crc error that seems to be cycling through.
I'm not sure if this is a cabling issue or something else...
[55479.570088] mvneta f1074000.ethernet eth1: bad rx status 0f812000 (crc error), size=1520

(Last edited by hancor on 21 Oct 2016, 23:55)

Hi david, I installed your 4.4.24 LEDE build to my WRT1200ACSv2 today (awesome!) and have been trying to start up a strongSwan client on it. I'm almost totally connected but get a netlink "file not found" failure when setting up the final route.

It seems to need kmod-crypt-echainiv* package in order to build the encrypted connection, but this is missing.

Could you please add kmod-crypt-echainiv to your next build's package list?

*: github.com/lede-project/source/blob/82aa061251f9efa68bea8fd4f3bcfb28d3654d5a/package/kernel/linux/modules/crypto.mk#L137

No problem @joeykork

Thanks @davidc502 for all the work - have been running your build for a month with no issues whatsoever!

The only drawback is the lack of packages. If the compilation time is not an issue I would recommend selecting all lede packages and running

make

with IGNORE_ERRORS set to 1. This will skip failed builds of some packages (~10-15) but will continue with all the other selected packages.

IGNORE_ERRORS=1 make -j8 2>&1| tee pkg_errors.log

Thanks again!

Great suggestion!   I'll try it!

@davidc502

I've moved from arokh's Openwrt to your Lede build for the WRT1900ACS. The community can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see the value of having luci-app-qos when you've got luci-app-sqm.

Within luci-app-sqm, the cake queuing discipline is missing that is normally installed by kmod-sched-cake.

Also for adblock, can you include luci-app-adblock to make it easier to manage via the UI?

Thanks for your work!

(Last edited by tekiwibird on 24 Oct 2016, 04:16)

@tekiwibird

Having both luci-app-qos and luci-app-sqm installed, gives you a choice of using qos or sqm.
Sometimes qos might be preferable if you want to manually assign priorities etc.

@davic502

Having the cake queuing discipline would be nice.

(Last edited by adri on 24 Oct 2016, 09:00)

@adri

I'm playing around with attempting to compile all possible packages. So, if I'm able to do it well, there won't be any issue with missing packages.

Hopefully, I'll be able to keep some packages from modularizing.... Like QOS, ddns, and openvpn.

@davidc502,

If you can manage to make all LEDE packages available again, that would be great.
I would prefer it if you could keep the list of non-modularized packages, currently installed in the image by default, like 6in4, qos, sqm, miniupnd etc., installed by default as they are now.
This would help users with often used packages to upgrade more easily.

(Last edited by adri on 24 Oct 2016, 19:21)

adri wrote:

@davidc502,

If you can manage to make all LEDE packages available again, that would be great.
I would prefer it if you could keep the list of non-modularized packages, currently installed in the image by default, like 6in4, qos, sqm, miniupnd etc., installed by default as they are now.
This would help users with often used packages to upgrade more easily.

I'm testing building all packages right now...  My first attempt failed though I specified not to stop due to compile error.

However, compiling all packages takes significantly longer which can be a pain when it is set up, but only to find hours later it failed.

I'm going to attempt to keep the packages that we've had included, stay there.