OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: BuildRoot UCI defaults

The content of this topic has been archived on 22 Mar 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi! I spent much time in searching some information regarding the mechanism of default UCI network configuration generation in build root. For example tl-wr1043 has two sections - wan and bridged lan, cause it has several interfaces (eth0 and eth1). While Ubnt UAP has only bridged lan (eth0). How dose this configuration generated by build root unique per each AP on compile step and how can I customize this behavior without using of files/ folder?

To be certain I need to turn all devices to wireless bridges out of the box. That means all interfaces put to one bridge interface?

Can some one explain how can I achieve my aims? Thank you!

The wiki has some info on UCI defaults, which is probably what you want. Board specific setup is defined in here for ar71xx e.g..

That should get you started, I would recommend not messing with the board files, just make your UCI scripts parse a unique parameter like e.g. /tmp/sysinfo/board_name and run commands depending on the board it detects.

Possible solution.

The discussion might have continued from here.