OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Debrick TL-WR802N using factory firmware, need art partition

The content of this topic has been archived on 29 Mar 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi everyone,

I had in mind to upgrade the flash memory of my TL-WR802N from 4 to 8MiB. My plan was to de-solder the 4MiB flash chip, copy the content to the 8MiB chip and solder the thing back to have a working system.

Obviously things went slightly different: I accidentally deleted the content of the original chip without having it saved before to my computer :-/

Now I would need some help to recreate the binaries which I can flash back to the chip :)

I already had a look around and think that a good starting point is the original firmware of the manufacturer I found on there website. Inside there should be the bootloader and the original firmware and according to this openwrt forum post here: "forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=67548" I can inject the mac address and model number of the router into the file.

If I'm not wrong, the only thing I'm missing should be the "art" information for the WiFi to work. I already searched the web but couldn't find a working link to a dump of that partition.

So to sum things up maybe you can help me to clarify those points:

• Is there someone who has the same router and could provide me with a full dump of the flash chip I could burn onto my one?

• Could I use the art partition of another router with the same chipset? (I'm not sure on this because according to most sources here in the forum it contains calibration data which could differ depending on the device form, antennas...)

• Are there other steps to do besides the injection of the MAC address, model number and the insertion of the art information to the factory firmware?

Thanks a lot!!!

The discussion might have continued from here.