OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Where to go

The content of this topic has been archived on 28 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Apologies if I'm in the wrong place to post this. I just need some advice on where to go or who to contact regarding employing an expert to create a router firmware using OPEN WRT which my company can use to configure an off-the-shelf router to fit our specific needs to be used within the company.

Our requirements would be a firmware which in it's default state....

Has a specific IP address.
Has a specific Admin Password.
Is set to a specific DHCP range.
Has a specific SSID with the WIfI password disabled.

Which I'd imagine are the easy bits.

Then in addition to this, we'd also like to know if it would be possible to adapt existing buttons/switches on the hardware device to...

A. Enable / Disable the DHCP server.
B. Adjust the WiFi radio channel (preferably without a re-boot).

Many thanks in advance.

Alan

This is definitely a wrong section, but a lot of people can do what you need to accomplish. Easy bits are (like you said) easy, additional stuff might take a bit more time depending on the router and wherever OpenWrt/LEDE properly supports buttons for that specific hardware.

I suggest you post a new thread in General section with the more specific requirements (which hardware, which button does what), how to contact you and the reward offered.

(Last edited by stangri on 6 Oct 2016, 22:28)

The discussion might have continued from here.