Hello everyone,

I'm having this weird issue where almost any web content that requires some data to be sent or generated or links being generated dynamically (forums, account managment, forms, platforms etc.) gets timed out and freezes the web site or service it comes from. Now what's really strange is that this happens only on Linux clients connected to my network. I have a thread with a lot of cli insights over at the OpenSUSE forum under Network/Internet. I think there may be some sort of conflict between Linux and Linux...Actually my wife asked me with a somewhat sarcastic voice if "Linux and Linux don't work together?" hahaha...

Am I alone on this?
Let me start out by detailing my network structure (as detailed as possible):

Street cable connects to ISP modem on its port "DSL". Modem is set to bridge. From there I connect a TP-Link Archer C7 v2 via ethernet cable from modem LAN1 to router WAN (Actually labelled very visually "Internet" on the Archer C7).
I bricked the router with 15.05, got it to debrick and then flashed it with a self compiled trunk image from github. At first I thought the issues were related to my specific Linux install on one of the clients but it's actually a Linux issue with any distro I have tried. So I thought maybe I could try out a compiled LEDE and see if new defaults would change any weird setups I maybe wrongly made setting up the router.
So now I'm on LEDE Reboot r1721 (would've stayed OpenWrt if the issues with Linux hadn't arised) but the behaviour is exactly the same, even with completely new defaults (reason I could just as well convert back).
I only changed the default WAN to be PPPoE with my ISP account details and renamed the WIFI. That's really all I did to the firmware image. I did compile with QoS and adBlock modules, but in the earlier OpenWrt trunk I deinstalled those and still had the same happen.
For now IPs are handed out dynamically. I had static addresses set up before, so I'd know who and what is connected, but it made absolutely no difference.

So it boils down to this:

ISP --> Modem (Bridge) --> Archer C7 (PPPoE) --> Clients (OSX, iOS, Android, Windows [7,8 &10], Fedora, Mint)

Note that my internet works perfectly fine (without the described issues) on clients with Windows, Android, OSX and iOS! I have a ton of devices in this household to test with. I tested this issue true only on Fedora, OpenSUSE and Mint (not on other distros cause I didn't try...).
I personally suspect some NetworkManager conflict but I don't know much about those configs and already tried to exclude dns resolving/rules/modules from my clients' config without avail.

Some sites that would freeze at some point of data request/send on those Linux clients include:
Any sort of forum I've tried, codepen, most login/registration forms, skype, spotify, yahoo mail, icloud, encryptr and others. This does NOT only affect login forms. It's usually any content that needs to be generated dynamically based on user input or data. I could for instance log into spotify with facebook but the page layouts won't render due to the timeouts. This is true even for desktop integrations such as skype, spotify or encryptr as they only call the same routines I guess.

Well this is my situation. I would really appreciate any help because I want to escape this proprietary hell we live in, stuffed with planned obsolescence, by using open source software in my home. Please help me achieve this and make my family not have doubts about it.
If there's logs or files I should supply please don't hesitate to tell me to do so!
Thank you!

(Last edited by Rackskop on 1 Oct 2016, 04:23)