OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: [SOLVED] How to work with QSDK?

The content of this topic has been archived on 1 May 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Dear all,

I am currently working on QSDK and Atheros Wifi board (similar to AP135). I used to work with Openwrt, and I notice that QSDK is mainly based on Openwrt 12.09 AA version. Although QSDK looks like Openwrt, but I still got confused on the code structure of QSDK. I followed the instructions on the QSDK wiki page () at CodeAurora to clone the source codes of QSDK project. However, I got stuck with some problems and I am wondering if anyone can teach me what to do.

1) which [manifest] should I used? In CA's gitweb I can see a lot of .xml files such as BANANA, COCONUT, or ARUGULA_AA_CS. I think these are different branches but I cannot find the explaining documentation. What do these names mean and which one should I use? Should I used the latest .xml?

2) I clone a QSDK source file (manifest caf_AU_LINUX_QSDK_RELEASE_BANANA_SW_TARGET_ALL.2.7.069.xml) but I cannot download some important packages like qca-wifi and qca-hostap. The error is listed below
----------------------
p2@p2-Latitude-3450:~/Desktop/qsdk/qsdk$ make package/feeds/wlan_10_2/qca-wifi/download V=s
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/p2/Desktop/qsdk/qsdk'
fatal: 'master' does not appear to be a git repository
fatal: Could not read from remote repository.

Please make sure you have the correct access rights
and the repository exists.
cat: /home/p2/Desktop/qsdk/qsdk/qca/src/qca-wifi/os/linux/configs/config.wlan.akronite.perf: No such file or directory
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/p2/Desktop/qsdk/qsdk/qca/feeds/wlan_10_2/qca-wifi'
make[2]: `download' is up to date.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/p2/Desktop/qsdk/qsdk/qca/feeds/wlan_10_2/qca-wifi'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/p2/Desktop/qsdk/qsdk'

----------------------
It looks that repository address has expired or has been changed? Do you have any idea to solve this problem?

3) Third, the QSDK source on CodeAurora lacks good documentation. Could anyone refer me to some forum posts or experts' blogs that explain this?

Thanks for you time:-D and I really appreciate your reply.

Updated 2016/11/07
--------------------------
1. The qca-wifi driver are closed-source to outsiders, unless you sign a non-disclosure agreement, usually must be OEM manufacture or vendor, with Qualcomm.

2. The different manifest are matched with different reference board, e.g., ap135. The readme file together with your reference board will tell you which version to use.

(Last edited by yangqing0601 on 7 Nov 2016, 06:29)

Please try to retrieve code with manifest including 955x, as AP135 is with QCA9557/QCA9558 as it's main SoC.

youngchildren wrote:

Please try to retrieve code with manifest including 955x, as AP135 is with QCA9557/QCA9558 as it's main SoC.

So which manifest is the best for my case? Do you know what is the difference between different manifests, for example, caf_AU_LINUX_QSDK_BANANA_TARGET_ALL.0.0.913.xml and caf_AU_LINUX_QSDK_COCONUT_TARGET_ALL.3.0.879.xml. Are they target for different devices or different applications?

The discussion might have continued from here.