OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: trac issues

The content of this topic has been archived on 30 Mar 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi,
I am having serious issues logging into Trac. Can someone please direct me to whoever can resolve them?
Thanks

Yeah, it's a known issue.  There are a few other threads already:

id=67538
id=67539

Currently, it rejects all ticket submissions and attempts to register a new account as spam.

Incidentally, the forum won't allow URLs in posts anymore, hence just the ids for the threads and not the whole URL.

To me, this signals that OpenWrt might be coming to an end as a project, but LEDE is essentially a fork with a lot of the core contributors to OpenWrt.  Really, I wasn't paying attention to the politics of the projects, I just did my own thing with my copy of the source that I'd update regularly.  I only found out about the whole LEDE thing this week when I had an issue and wanted to report it, but found Trac unusable.  I went here and no one else seemed to be having the problem, so I made a thread, which was hard because the forum no longer allows URLs in posts, which is extremely odd for a software project forum.  I hit the mailing list trying to see what was going on and got a basic idea of the past few months' events and couldn't believe this was all going on and vowed to follow the community more closely on whatever the next open source project I use or develop for.

Anyway, for now, you might want to download the LEDE equivalent of your OpenWrt version (or download the LEDE source and build the equivalent); most of the codebase is the same and some files still contain references to OpenWrt.  See if you can recreate the issue on LEDE and let them know about the bug over there.  I think they're just using a mailing list for now, but I think it's a more active project.

I'd post a link for you, but... you know.

The discussion might have continued from here.