OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: trunk TD-W9980 build?

The content of this topic has been archived on 19 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi gents,

could someone who knows how to do this, do a build from the head of the trunk for lantiq-xrx200-TDW9980?

The page for 9980 points to 15.05.1 release for TDW8970, which has two major flaws:

• VDSL doesn't work

• 2.4G Wifi doesn't work (I understand 5G wifi not working is expected)

I'd be more than happy to provide any information that would be of any use; since I have the serial connection working, I can do a quite a few things (for instance, I was able to dump ~most of~ the live filesystem, tar czvf-ing most of it to a usb stick - had to skip /sys, /proc/kcore and the mountpoints for the usb stick obviously).

Best regards,
Mircea

PS. Here's the FS dump, the mtd's, and a bunch of info (including the log of me reflashing stock after the wrt fail, and the thing booting - up until VDSL was up): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx8sxp … sp=sharing

PPS. I'd happily settle for instructions on how to do it myself - I can do C and makefiles, but I get lost once i hit kconfig's and the like.

(Last edited by mionica on 7 Jul 2016, 01:01)

Ummm ok. Since nobody was apparently interested, I ended up doing it myself.

Build available at http://mionica.ro/openwrt/lantiq/xrx200/, should anyone be interested. Pretty much what you'd expect; LuCI is built-in, as is openvpn-client.

Note: if using IPoE, set your wan/wan6 to the ptm0.X interface, where X is the VLAN number you're assigned. No need to mess with the switch settings, as I found out (the hard way); there's also no need to declare a ptm0.X interface anywhere, it just works - apparently.

(Last edited by mionica on 10 Jul 2016, 12:01)

you could install dd-wrt on tp-link w9980? if so, teach me please install by chance vc is Brazilian?

No idea about dd-wrt, I use openwrt. And if that's good enough for you, there's a download link in post #2.

monica this installation does not need to open the device? It has a step by step to help me?

Link in post #2 no longer works, could you repost please

many thanks

The discussion might have continued from here.