OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: New package : Wifi Schedule

The content of this topic has been archived between 29 Mar 2018 and 21 Apr 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

Venom wrote:

If you are interested in this, test it please and give me some feedback.

I just installed the package on a TL-WDR3600 AA and it works just fine. For example I accidently deactivated the wifi between 01:00 - 02:00, and thought that I clicked on 02:00 - 03:00, and it went off immediately. Thank you for your effort.

Hi!

Nice tool. Could you extend it so that instead of switching off/on all wifi it only disables one or more SSIDs?

I would like to use the tool for a guest wifi which should only run certain hours but I want my normal wifi to run all day and night.

Maybe this could be a good source for information: https://blog.pinterjann.is/?p=109
Unfortunately it is in German but maybe Google Translate can help smile

Thanks in any case!

Hello,

i am very new in this OpenWRT scene.

And locking for exactly this kind of settings for DualBand Router WDR4300.

I dont get it, how to intsall this ? Should i install booth packages ?

Where to type, the comands big_smile ?

Can you help me pls ?

nobody can help me ?

Hie

I have just added this to the end of schedule.lua (just before last line "return m") to copy the modified file in /var/wifi_schedule :

m.on_after_commit = function(self)                       
        nixio.fs.copy("/etc/config/wifi_schedule", "/var/wifi_schedule/wifi_schedule")
end

Thanks for the good job that do wifi_schedule.

hello,
thank you very much for this useful package!

I have a dual band wireless router WNDR3700. How can I change the configuration in order to turning off the 5GHz radio only ?
thank you

"I have a dual band wireless router WNDR3700. How can I change the configuration in order to turning off the 5GHz radio only?"
yes i need the same, turn off only one wlan

Is this package working for all openwrt supported router or just the Broadcom chip?

Nice package.
Like most on Openwrt, I run multiple SSID's-and a seperate one for my kids.It would be good if I could direct the timed slots at JUST those SSID's I have set up for their use-so I know they are not on Instrgram when they should be sleeping! :-)

Hoping in advance

cabs

I've got it. never mine.

Thanks for very useful small package...I like it!!!

(Last edited by judb on 10 Sep 2015, 03:15)

Hello,
i have the same problem:
Thu Oct  8 09:15:19 2015 user.notice root: wifi_schedule is starting
Thu Oct  8 09:15:19 2015 user.notice root: wifi_schedule: wifi is disabled 4_ and wifi is on, turn off
Thu Oct  8 09:15:20 2015 kern.info kernel: [1019645.552000] device wlan0 left promiscuous mode
Thu Oct  8 09:15:20 2015 kern.info kernel: [1019645.556000] br-lan: port 2(wlan0) entered disabled state
Thu Oct  8 09:15:20 2015 daemon.notice netifd: Network device 'wlan0' link is down

But is should be active!

Tks in advance!

Upp!
Can someone help me?
thanks!

Upp!

autumn.shie wrote:

Hi All:

I do some modification for multiple ssid

each ssid can has it's own schedule

I use cron instead of sleep.

following is my source code

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=F … file%2czip

Can you provide compiled ipk package, please!?

eiger wrote:
autumn.shie wrote:

Hi All:

Sorry I can't provide it because that I am in the different branch. But they are all script file, just copy them to the device than it will work. ramip ipk package is in the zip file now

(Last edited by autumn.shie on 7 Jul 2016, 12:50)

autumn.shie wrote:
eiger wrote:
autumn.shie wrote:

Hi All:

Sorry I can't provide it because that I am in the different branch. But they are all script file, just copy them to the device than it will work. ramip ipk package is in the zip file now

Yes, I understand that these are scripts, but in time I was trying it the template for luci ui was missing in archive. Can't access the router now, but I'll try today to take a screenshot of error and post it as edit to this post.

Não é a mesma coisa mas serve bem para essa finalidade:

Adicione (add in):
file: /etc/crontabs/root  or
Luci interface: (shedule tasks):

# .---------------- minute (0 - 59)
# |  .------------- hour (0 - 23)
# |  |  .---------- day of month (1 - 31)
# |  |  |  .------- month (1 - 12) OR jan,feb,mar,apr ...
# |  |  |  |  .---- day of week (0 - 6) (Sunday=0 or 7) OR sun,mon,tue,wed,thu,fri,sat
# |  |  |  |  |
# *  *  *  *  *  command to be executed
#
# Wi-FI Shedule:
00 03 * * 1-5 wifi down
30 09 * * 1-5 wifi up

Por essa regra, o wifi será desligado de segunda a sexta as três da manhã, assim como religado as 9:30!

OBS: Adicione o nome do radio a frente do comando "wifi down" para desligar somente aquele (2.4GZ ou 5GZ).

Exemplo: se o wifi 5G tiver o nome de "rai0" digite:
00 03 * * 1-5 wifi down rai0

eiger wrote:

Yes, I understand that these are scripts, but in time I was trying it the template for luci ui was missing in archive. Can't access the router now, but I'll try today to take a screenshot of error and post it as edit to this post.

Very Sorry, I got the point and found the lost file. I updated the zip file again. so sorry. I added the lost html file in view.

(Last edited by autumn.shie on 8 Jul 2016, 13:17)

I have been using this for a while, however it seems broken now. I recently flashed latest trunk to my EA3500 router and installed the latest wifi-scheduler, now Wifi scheduler keeps turning off wifi radio even with all time period checked. If I click save&apply on Wifi Schedule page, the radio enables, but after a few minutes, radio is off again. I have to uninstall Wifi-Scheduler to get my wifi working.

OK, so the page with the original sources (http://git.razvi.ro/?p=wifischedule.git) seems to be down and I've just realized that I don't have any copy of the code...did anyone do a mirror of the git repo? Thanks a lot!

I need the source too. Anyone can share with me

Thank you in advance

I have the file if someone still need it.

SQM has time schedules in it.  It would not be turning the AP off but you could set the bandwidth of the kids' interface to 1 kbps after bedtime.

Sorry, posts 50 to 50 are missing from our archive.