OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Programmer for RT5350 Wifi chipset and U-boot Programming.

The content of this topic has been archived on 17 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

We are developing a board with RT5350F-OLinuXino-EVB as a reference design.

We have a JTAG interface on the board.
We are looking for a programmer to program the RT5350 chipset. Do you have a suggestion on this?
What commands should I give to have the board programmed with this new programmer?

Can we program the uboot+factory.bin file of the Evaluation Board to our customized board.?
Do we need to build uboot file to suit our custom board that has SD-card and USB interfaces and a different NOR flash?

Rgds,

(Last edited by pradeepsysargus on 14 Jul 2016, 12:55)

The board comes programmed with the image called uboot+factory+openwrt.bin.

This is the quote from the wiki link https://www.olimex.com/wiki/RT5350F-OLinuXino of the Evaluation board which is why I am in this forum.

If read read the olimex wiki carefully
flashrom is the tool
ARM-USB-OCD. is the programmer

the only thing you need (maybe) is a patched uboot

We are able to program SPI-flash directly by connecting ARM-USB-OCD with SPI lines.
We are using the following commands to find and write to the flash:

flashrom -p ft2232_spi:type=arm-usb-ocd -c EN25Q64
flashrom -p ft2232_spi:type=arm-usb-ocd -w BinaryFile.bin

Is it possible to program the SPI-flash using ARM-USB-OCD using RT5350 Jtag connector with the same commands.?

Please suggest.

Thanks,

I have been using a Segger J-Link and the JFlashSPI application.  Its massively expensive in comparison to the tool suggested by Olimex but the flash time is an order of magnitude faster....  Erase/Program/Verify takes ~35 seconds.  Also, I'm sure you can find a 12 dollar j-link knockoff somewhere if you try.

The discussion might have continued from here.