OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Samba - Unable to copy files larger than 710MB

The content of this topic has been archived on 27 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

I have Samba installed on a Kingstom MLWG2.  The storage media is a 64gb sd card formatted FAT32 for compatibility with Windows Explorer.  I am running on Windows Vista 64 bit.  I am unable to copy a file greater than about 710MB from the client to the router over Ethernet.  I get an error that points back to an issue with the file.  I can move, in one go, individual files totaling more than this amount (820MB tested).    I can copy a file from the media that is larger than than 710MB (1.7GB tested).   There is plenty of empty space. 

There is a problem accessing [filename].
Make sure you are connected to the network and try again.

The Kingston is a MT7620N based device (580mhz) with 16MB flash and 64MB ram.

While I am pointing at Samba, I am not clear this is the problem. 

Any ideas of what might need freshening up?

Umm, the OS and search engine skills?

N.B. this topic is unrelated to OpenWrt

Shockingly Max, you actually offered a useful link, albeit in your normal arrogant and condescending manner.

For those interested in the answer with out the drama, the following registry key on the Windows client needs to be added or modified.  With no key the default is 45 seconds.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanWorkstation\Parameters]
"SessTimeout"=dword:00000bb8

You should be able to copy the above directly into a reg file.

I have used the value of 3000, but it's probably overkill.  The value is seconds in 'decimal' for the key.  The setting takes effect immediately (no reboot needed).  The MS support references are here: 
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/lib … 38292.aspx
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/102067

(Last edited by RangerZ on 26 Jun 2016, 18:30)

The discussion might have continued from here.