OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: EA4500 Appears bricked (trunk)

The content of this topic has been archived on 5 May 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi all, have a Linksys EA4500 and am finally happy to see openwrt is available!

Followed the instructions here: https://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/linksys/ea4500

f/w: openwrt-kirkwood-linksys-viper-squashfs-factory.bin
26 May 01:26

The router did not come back from reboot after the upgrade, despite the fact that it apparently has a recovery partition.
When powered on, the lights flash and then go steady as normal, however there is no link on any of the ethernet ports.
I have tried using the reset button to no avail.

Has anyone been able to get this working?

thanks

the ea4500 may fail to reboot after a firmware flash when it gets too warm.  let it cool down first before rebooting.  i made it practice of placing a fan blowing air into it during flashing to ensure it properly reboots following a flash.  the current trunk r49377 for the ea4500/e4200v2 is rock solid.  reset button works for this router but router has to stay cool.

wrtboy wrote:

the ea4500 may fail to reboot after a firmware flash when it gets too warm.  let it cool down first before rebooting.  i made it practice of placing a fan blowing air into it during flashing to ensure it properly reboots following a flash.  the current trunk r49377 for the ea4500/e4200v2 is rock solid.  reset button works for this router but router has to stay cool.

Thanks so much for the update. I will try this

that totally worked! Thanks so much.
I didnt take the heat problem seriously.

cool.  please do me a favor by editing your topic title to:

[SOLVED] EA4500 Appears bricked (trunk)

I have similar issue, boot > blink > steady (always on).

Question: how were you able to update? No web interface, ping works, also tried TFPT direct upload of firmware (no luck).

hey.i flashed my ea4500 with the lastest trunk via web interface but i cannot log in via telnet or ssh.i have ttl64 pings.what am i missing?

thanks

apakezdodik wrote:

hey.i flashed my ea4500 with the lastest trunk via web interface but i cannot log in via telnet or ssh.i have ttl64 pings.what am i missing?

thanks

can you describe the steps in great detail on how you log in via ssh?

The discussion might have continued from here.