OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: create captive portal with email or facebook authentication

The content of this topic has been archived on 30 Mar 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

I want to create a captive portal , Where users who want to connect to the wireless network (wifi), they are redirected to a webpage . then a form where they have to put email or press like button of facebook to start navigate freely.

I have installed openwrt on my router, What tools do i need? how can i let them navigate after the login form??

thanks.

leoh wrote:

... press like button of facebook to start navigate freely.

'incentivizing' is expressly forbidden by FB.
N.B. none of the requirements are unique to OpenWrt. This post belongs on Small Net Builder.

Why not install a packaged solution from an AAA provider? Most are OpenWrt-based.

Hi,

I have a solution that provides captive portal with fb, google+, email and passcode.

Find out more at www.facepoint.me

kind regards

Peter

<hijack>
@wired4net - Peter, does the HS trigger the CNA (Apple) upon association with the AP and if yes, care to share the code / mechanism?
</hijack>

i want to do almost the same of facepoint.me
i just want to know..how can i let them navigate after the login form??

i want to develop almost the same. how can i do that.. what tools i need beside openwrt

wired4net wrote:

Hi,

I have a solution that provides captive portal with fb, google+, email and passcode.

Find out more at www.facepoint.me

kind regards

Peter

@Max Hopper

Sorry for the late reply. My solution is based on wifidog installed on trunk OpenWRT with a custom written web portal and Splash screen management running in the cloud. The question about the CNA . . . IOS looks to see if it can connect to a number of different web pages to determine internet connectivity. If it cannot CNA opens and shows the Splash page. I am doing nothing clever, its all part of wifidog. The Splash page is responsive.

For fb or google+ authentication you will need to use the respective API and calls and ensure that the necessary URLs are open. Ipset is your friend here. All available for free.

You cannot force users to give a like or post comment, but you can prompt and have a skip button. This is the solution we have made. We can also host an advert and direct users here or custom URL. We log users MAC and logon details to ensure compliance with the law. User data can be exported and mailed as CSV file. This where fb and google+ logons are good as we get the users primary email address.

We now support public and private SSID's and the AR150 based Hotspot is perfect for small venues. We are now running on Linksys 1200AC and this router is a beast . . . its fast.

Its been a lot of effort and fun while working full time but I have a number of units running around Europe now and cheap at £99 per year smile unlike other vendors such as purple or wiman. I see one company asking for £99 per month to download all user records in CSV. Crazy!

I am looking for partners to sell my solution so get in touch if you are interested. You can source your own hardware and set your own prices. Set up takes around 15 mins if you know OpenWRT and vi and I email the web dashboard credentials. We have string support  currently for English, Portuguese, Spanish and Vietnamese.

@leoh  . . . its a lot of effort and hard work.

kind regards

Peter

I also want to do this, will follow this topic

wired4net wrote:

The question about the CNA . . . IOS looks to see if it can connect to a number of different web pages to determine internet connectivity. If it cannot CNA opens and shows the Splash page. I am doing nothing clever, its all part of wifidog.

Aware of this (Chilli's built-in DNS hook to redirect). The Coova Chilli portals here do not trigger CNA but do force the Android login helper. Other captive solutions implemented here (DNS requests redirected with DNSmasq) also deliver no joy.

Must delve into WiFiDog...

I have only used wifidog. Even facebook use wifidog in their facebook wifi offering. I have heard of chilli and many use it but I have no experience.

Ipset is your friend together with dnsmasq-full in OpenWRT. Ipset handles the whitelisting.
Once you have Ipset, dnsmasq-full and wifidog.conf configured correctly it all works. That's it.

The web portal with SQL backend will be your main task to create and get working.

hope that helps.

kind regards

Peter

Max Hopper wrote:

Must delve into WiFiDog...

No need. Coova-chilli also triggers CNA.
In case, walled garden is correct.

(Last edited by augustus_meyer on 23 May 2016, 21:59)

wired4net wrote:

I have heard of chilli and many use it but I have no experience.

Better (more options) than wifidog.
But to use all options effectively, you might need to read C ...

Certainly (b)ash.

Thats the easy part. I wrote "C". Just to verify the various wrong docs, floating on the web.

@augustus_meyer Genau.

wifidog has had more development recently and works well for me. We are running wifidog version 1.3.0 which supports Ipset natively. Ipset provides the walled garden function and is easy to use.

chilli or wifidog  . . . It's like beer, the best beer is the one you like smile

@chiakhoavang.vn  I am looking for competent partners to sell my social wifi solution in their home markets. If you are interested please contact me through http://www.facepoint.me/contact-us.html

You provide the router and make the setup, we supply the web portal and authentication smile

kind regards

Peter

wired4net wrote:

@chiakhoavang.vn  I am looking for competent partners to sell my social wifi solution in their home markets. If you are interested please contact me through http://www.facepoint.me/contact-us.html

You provide the router and make the setup, we supply the web portal and authentication smile

kind regards

Peter

Hi, I am building the community @FreeWifiMarketing, interested in helping people doing this. However, there are router supporting Facebook Wifi now, how can you sell your solution?

How can we sell a solution ?

Business want a solution that works and has the core functions they want for a fair price. We provide this. You get a powerful hotspot router, 2 SSID's public and private, facebook, google+, email and passcode logins, custom Splash, advert hosting and web dashboard all for 35p a day. Year 2 cost drops to 27p a day!

Come on for 35p you have a solution that works!

We are way cheaper than Purple, Wiman, FusionWIFI and others as we dont have flash offices and lots of marketing people and high expenses.

We are shipping units and people are happy so we must be doing something right.

kind regards

Peter

Hello there.
I'm trying to setup ipset for Facebook, but when I add the ipset in dnsmasq.conf, and restart the router, them connect to it via wifi, it does not fix the connection. Stay reconnecting and dropping connection, in loop.
Any idea?

Hi @facepoint, I am interested in what you have done with WiFidog RE: Social Auth, however I noticed facepoint is down at the moment?

I just wanted to ask if you run into any issues with getting facebook to load via the OSX Captive Portal (CNA)?

The discussion might have continued from here.