OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: CUPS 1.5.4 self compiled and installed

The content of this topic has been archived on 20 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hello,

before I upload OpenWRT on my TP-Link TL-WR1043ND router I try to learn how it works on a VirtualBox installation. So far I managed to compile myself OpenWRT from the trunk tree including CUPS 1.5.4. For the compilation of CUPS 1.5.4 I needed to change some very small options in the .configure file but except of this everything was successfull. CUPS is running.
There is one point which is not okay and I hope You can help me:
If I click In the very left section "CUPS for Users" on one item it tells me:
"Unable to access help file."
Regarding the online help from the top menu it is similar. The entry page appears but the links inside show the same message.
I have the feeling that either:

• the online help is not installed, or

• some config file must be adjusted to point on th right location.

Any suggestions

Thank You in advance

Wolfgang

(Last edited by WolfgangG on 17 May 2016, 20:37)

Can you post a screenshot of what you are referring to? It may help to understand the problem and get an answer.

(Last edited by Xotic750 on 17 May 2016, 20:35)

I would like to do so, but I'm sorry I don't know how I can upload a picture onto this forum. Is there a way to do this?

However I have some other Linux box with openSuSE and there the online help works.
In the case of OpenWRT there is a bold face line:
"Online Help Error"
then
a horizontal separator
then
"Error"
and then some text field  with
"Unable to access help file."

This is all.

I'm sorry if I cannot supply a snapshot but I hope the description helps.
The above comes for the page

http://192.168.0.51:631/help/overview.html

where my router inside VirtualBox currently has the IP 192.168.0.51

Thanks

Wolfgang

I  use http://postimage.org/ and then use the Img tag (2nd to last icon above the write message box when posting)

http://s32.postimg.org/m6r1fjoid/Screenshot_from_2016_05_17_22_01_28.png

I probably can't help with your problem, but someone else may be able to, given understanding.

(Last edited by Xotic750 on 17 May 2016, 21:03)

Hello again,

I found the solution myself by comparing a running cups installation on openSuSE13.1.
For others which might have the same question here is the answer.

Briefly, what You need to do is to copy  to copy the help folder which can be found in the build tree of cups to the folder /usr/share/doc/cups recursively and maintaining the parent folder help
After the initial installation of cups You will find already in the folder /usr/share/doc/cups the file index.html which is the starting point. This file is copied using the ipk procedures but the rest was not copied in my case. This is way I needed to do in manually.

After rebooting the router the CUPS online help is available.

Be aware that the online help consumes something like 1.5 MBytes which is quite a lot for a small router.
However, it works.

Good luck.

Wolfgang

The discussion might have continued from here.