OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Newbie Ramips MT7621 build fail

The content of this topic has been archived on 30 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi,

I tried to make my 1st build on an OSX 10.11.4, following the build howto. Things were going fine: git pull, feed update, menuconfig, defconfig, but when doing make V=s:

make[3]: Entering directory `/Volumes/OpenWRT/openwrt/tools/patch'
mkdir -p /Volumes/OpenWRT/openwrt/dl
/Volumes/OpenWRT/openwrt/scripts/download.pl "/Volumes/OpenWRT/openwrt/dl" "patch-2.7.5.tar.xz" "e3da7940431633fb65a01b91d3b7a27a" "" "@GNU/patch"
Download failed.
Download failed.
Download failed.
Download failed.
Download failed.
Download failed.
Download failed.
Download failed.
No more mirrors to try - giving up.
make[3]: *** [/Volumes/OpenWRT/openwrt/dl/patch-2.7.5.tar.xz] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory `/Volumes/OpenWRT/openwrt/tools/patch'
make[2]: *** [tools/patch/compile] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/Volumes/OpenWRT/openwrt'

I checked the patch-2.7.5.tar.xz file and the MD5 on the servers, and they seem to be right (./tools/patch/Makefile and in ./scripts/download.pl). The build was for a D-Link DIR 860L and the target is Ramips MT7621. I tried snapshot and Chaos Calmer, made no difference, googling did not help either.

The other question I have is: how to change the CONFIG_DEFAULT_TARGET_OPTIMIZATION parameters? On the 860L page (https://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/d-link/dir-860l) it is recommended to add the settings: -mno-mips16 -mdsp. But these settings do not seem to be shown in the menuconfig. Should I write these settings directly into the .config file? The 860L page mentions that these settings are non standard - do the non standard settings have implications for the build process? (the former patch problem occur with and without these optimization settings).

Thanks,

Apparently it is an OSX issue, it works on a Linux machine

The discussion might have continued from here.