OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Proper Reset for EA3500?

The content of this topic has been archived on 27 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

I have majorly messed ip my config and need to reset the openwrt firmware to default to start over. however no clear cut manner to this is listed and trying to stumble through other hotos have failed. I am too simple minded that a reset button should actually reset the thing. that said does this router have a reset method or did I make a paperweight?

joseph.highfill78 wrote:

need to reset the openwrt firmware to default to start over.

putty into it and at the command prompt, execute this command.

firstboot
wrtboy wrote:
joseph.highfill78 wrote:

need to reset the openwrt firmware to default to start over.

putty into it and at the command prompt, execute this command.

firstboot

Believe me if it was that simple this thread would not exists. the router boots up I can connect to it but I have no way to interact with it cannot get it to connect using 192.168.1.1 or any other ip.

hmm... I'm not a mind reader hence i have no idea what you have done so far.  so what openwrt build is the ea3500 on?  have you tried inducing 3 failed reboots?  the ea3500 has a second firmware partition and it boots from it after 3 failed reboots.

wrtboy wrote:

hmm... I'm not a mind reader hence i have no idea what you have done so far.  so what openwrt build is the ea3500 on?  have you tried inducing 3 failed reboots?  the ea3500 has a second firmware partition and it boots from it after 3 failed reboots.

Thank you. Will try that . As for mind reader... You'll do til I get one wink .. Thanks again.. Just at wits end.

Followup It reset something reset it not to Openwrt but to Lynksys defult firmware. unexpected... ThankYou.

(Last edited by joseph.highfill78 on 1 May 2016, 20:31)

joseph.highfill78 wrote:

Followup It reset something reset it not to Openwrt but to Lynksys defult firmware. unexpected... ThankYou.

yes, that's one way to revert back to the linksys factory firmware.  i don't have an ea3500 but i have inherited an ea4500 from a friend and both routers share the same dual firmware layout characteristics hence i'm able to assist others on the e3500.

The discussion might have continued from here.