OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Support for TP-Link Archer C2600

The content of this topic has been archived between 29 Mar 2018 and 6 May 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

Im looking for a rather barebones build.  Only essentials are UPNP and SQM. Question is it possible to run a build without firewall or ipv6? I would like have the ability to add stuff via packages but the initial build i would like rather bare.  Thanks

merc6.9 wrote:
trustno1foxm wrote:

Hello,

would you be so kind and share your image? I am looking for an clean image, without bloatware and haven't found one yet.
thx!

so long

Sure, but as is now, it only has luci-ssl (eg no ddns, no qos/sqm, no nothing!), and since you won't be able to "opkg update" and add packages later on, I can build a customized image for your needs, tell me what other packages you would like (no config, just installed with defaults) and I will make one wink

Else if you want the bare-bones image I will put it in dropbox and provide the link..

(Last edited by justnslayer on 19 Apr 2016, 13:58)

To avoid having to rebuild many times for everyone asking, I setup something to hopefully satisfy all needs.

This is a bare-bones build for the Archer C2600 (both v1.0 and v1.1):

Factory (from stock FW to Openwrt): http://benz.host.sk/c2600/openwrt-r4893 … actory.bin
Sysupgrade (from openwrt to openwrt): http://benz.host.sk/c2600/openwrt-r4893 … pgrade.bin

Above contains only default set + luci-ssl.

Now, there is one modification to this FW, opkg repo point to a valid location! That means you can "Update Lists" (or opkg update), and you'll have an assorted list of software at your disposal to install whatever you need smile

I compile on a low end PC so I only selected common packages to compile and put in the repo, if you are looking for a specific package, let me know and I will add it there.. then you simply refresh your list and will be able to find/install it.

This is hosted on a free host so don't expect 100% uptime.. but it should work.

Hope we can get this to trunk soon so no one has to maintain any builds.

Cheers

Thanks for all the feedback, much appreciated!

The problem, as mentioned several times, was the missing SPI NOR entry for the flash module in my v1.1 C2600.

I've built several images today and they all work as expected.

The only difference I've found (compared to arokh's builds) is the limited tx power level.  With arokh's last two builds I was able to set the power to 30dBm (1000mW).  With bendavid's branch the max is 20dBm (100mW).  Does that sound right or is there something else I'm missing?

Curious ath10k messages:

ath10k_pci 0001:01:00.0: failed to fetch board data for bus=pci,vendor=168c,device=0040,subsystem-vendor=168c,subsystem-device=0002 from ath10k/QCA99X0/hw2.0/board-2.bin
ath10k_pci 0001:01:00.0: DFS region 0x0 not supported, will trigger radar for every pulse

Also, does anyone know how to restart the device remotely?  Issuing 'reboot' seems to partially work, but when the power LED goes out the system never starts back up.  I have to power cycle to get booted again.

merc6.9 wrote:

To avoid having to rebuild many times for everyone asking, I setup something to hopefully satisfy all needs.

This is a bare-bones build for the Archer C2600 (both v1.0 and v1.1):

Factory (from stock FW to Openwrt): http://benz.host.sk/c2600/openwrt-r4893 … actory.bin
Sysupgrade (from openwrt to openwrt): http://benz.host.sk/c2600/openwrt-r4893 … pgrade.bin

Above contains only default set + luci-ssl.

Now, there is one modification to this FW, opkg repo point to a valid location! That means you can "Update Lists" (or opkg update), and you'll have an assorted list of software at your disposal to install whatever you need smile

I compile on a low end PC so I only selected common packages to compile and put in the repo, if you are looking for a specific package, let me know and I will add it there.. then you simply refresh your list and will be able to find/install it.

This is hosted on a free host so don't expect 100% uptime.. but it should work.

Hope we can get this to trunk soon so no one has to maintain any builds.

Cheers

Thx a lot for your image! Is your offer still up about a custom image? I hope yes wink
I would really be happy about including following packages:

• ddns-scripts

• ddns-scripts_no-ip_com

• luci-app-ddns

• kmod-usb-net

• kmod-usb-net-cdc-ether

• usb-modeswitch

• luci-ssl

Is the web gui luci already included?

thx in advance!

so long

trustno1foxm wrote:

Thx a lot for your image! Is your offer still up about a custom image? I hope yes wink

• ddns-scripts

• ddns-scripts_no-ip_com

• luci-app-ddns

• kmod-usb-net

• kmod-usb-net-cdc-ether

• usb-modeswitch

• luci-ssl

thx in advance!

so long

You can find the link to the firmware in my previous post, after you flash your box you can login to luci.
Go to System > Software and update lists, you will find all the software you listed there, just install what you need.

merc6.9 wrote:
trustno1foxm wrote:

• ddns-scripts

• ddns-scripts_no-ip_com

• luci-app-ddns

• kmod-usb-net

• kmod-usb-net-cdc-ether

• usb-modeswitch

• luci-ssl

thx in advance!

so long

You can find the link to the firmware in my previous post, after you flash your box you can login to luci.
Go to System > Software and update lists, you will find all the software you listed there, just install what you need.

thank you very much! I haven't tried it yet!

@darryl as far as I understand arokh's builds modify the behaviour of the 0x0 wireless region.  So I think you need to set a real region for the wireless, which should fix both the TX power and the dfs issue you see.

Thanks for picking up the patch submission.

Can anyone else confirm the reboot issue?

bendavid wrote:

Thanks for picking up the patch submission.

No problem!  Sorry for the email avalanche.  It was too late to figure out how to stop git send-email from doing that.  Besides you may want to be in the loop.  tongue

Thanks for the region info.  Will experiment.

merc6.9 wrote:
trustno1foxm wrote:

• ddns-scripts

• ddns-scripts_no-ip_com

• luci-app-ddns

• kmod-usb-net

• kmod-usb-net-cdc-ether

• usb-modeswitch

• luci-ssl

thx in advance!

so long

Firstly I wanted to say thank you for the firmware, unfortunately I cannot seem to find luci-app-sqm or luci-app-qos when I update lists.

I'm really after these two and would be truly greatful if you would be so kind as to hosts these files or share a way I can obtain these two add-ons.

Kind Regards.

A6ix wrote:

Firstly I wanted to say thank you for the firmware, unfortunately I cannot seem to find luci-app-sqm or luci-app-qos when I update lists.

I'm really after these two and would be truly greatful if you would be so kind as to hosts these files or share a way I can obtain these two add-ons.

Kind Regards.

Most welcome, I updated the packages. refresh your lists and you'll find both there.

Edit - since these are compiled afterwards (not with initial firmware), you will need to force install them.. don't worry about the "satisfy...etc" error, It'll work just fine.
For example to install luci-app-qos:
opkg update
opkg install --force-depends luci-app-qos

(Last edited by merc6.9 on 20 Apr 2016, 23:59)

Really like the C2600 and it is even better with OpenWrt, but what bothers me that I can not get HT40 to function on 2.4 GHz network. It seems that it is set, but any device connected to it will just function on 20Mhz channels and thus yield slower speeds.

Does anyone else have similiar problems, and if not how did you set it? I have tried "noscan" option and it just doesn't show warnings in log, but it still does not function.

@darryl seen your neat submissions. Cheers!

About the wifi LEDs, realize they are not triggered using GPIO, I gather they are controlled by the closed QCA driver? (ie nothing salvageable from the GPL tarball?).

I, too, have noticed the board data error:

ath10k_pci 0001:01:00.0: failed to fetch board data for bus=pci,vendor=168c,device=0040,subsystem-vendor=168c,subsystem-device=0002 from ath10k/QCA99X0/hw2.0/board-2.bin

This is supposed to be supplied by linux-firmware/ath10k-firmware, no?

Edit1: About kernel 4.x failing to load, since Heinz has serial access.. you guys up for it?
Its great as is, 3.x will do just fine for me.. but since we are at it why not wink

(Last edited by merc6.9 on 21 Apr 2016, 09:11)

The wireless led issues should be solvable.  I believe there are other routers with a similar arrangement where this is already implemented in openwrt (for older qualcomm wireless chips)

bendavid wrote:

@darryl as far as I understand arokh's builds modify the behaviour of the 0x0 wireless region.  So I think you need to set a real region for the wireless, which should fix both the TX power and the dfs issue you see.

Specifically, I modify the 00 domain like this:

diff --git a/package/kernel/mac80211/files/regdb.txt b/package/kernel/mac80211/files/regdb.txt
index 463ace3..f54da98 100644
--- a/package/kernel/mac80211/files/regdb.txt
+++ b/package/kernel/mac80211/files/regdb.txt
@@ -1,18 +1,7 @@
 # This is the world regulatory domain
 country 00:
-       (2402 - 2472 @ 40), (20)
-       # Channel 12 - 13.
-       (2457 - 2482 @ 20), (20), NO-IR, AUTO-BW
-       # Channel 14. Only JP enables this and for 802.11b only
-       (2474 - 2494 @ 20), (20), NO-IR, NO-OFDM
-       # Channel 36 - 48
-       (5170 - 5250 @ 80), (20), AUTO-BW
-       # Channel 52 - 64
-       (5250 - 5330 @ 80), (20), NO-IR, DFS, AUTO-BW
-       # Channel 100 - 144
-       (5490 - 5730 @ 160), (20), NO-IR, DFS
-       # Channel 149 - 165
-       (5735 - 5835 @ 80), (20), NO-IR
+       (2402 - 2494 @ 40), (30)
+       (4910 - 5835 @ 80), (30)
        # IEEE 802.11ad (60GHz), channels 1..3
        (57240 - 63720 @ 2160), (0)

reboot from console:
factory firmware

root@Archer C2600:/# reboot 
[  221.614682] kc  136 : dbgd accept fail : -512
[  221.614745] kc  209 : dbgd acktelnetDBGDServer thread exit time 1461254523
[  221.614839] INFO1614: udpAnnounce thread exit
[  221.619493] INFO167B:  tcpconnecter accept error : -512
[  221.619493] INFO16A2: tcpConnector thread exit
[  221.639487] kc  162 : dbgd server close  dde10180
[  221.644017] kc  167 : dbgd run_telnetDBGDServer end
[  223.610246] Restarting system.
[  223.612277] Going down for restart now

U-Boot 2012.07 [Standard IPQ806X.LN,unknown] (Aug 28 2015 - 19:57:21)

openwrt

root@OpenWrt # reboot
and nothing...

root@OpenWrt # halt
root@OpenWrt # [  445.439882] br-lan: port 3(wlan0) entered disabled state
[  445.439961] br-lan: port 2(wlan1) entered disabled state
[  445.444358] br-lan: port 1(eth1) entered disabled state
[  445.458178] device eth1 left promiscuous mode
[  445.458377] br-lan: port 1(eth1) entered disabled state
[  445.469742] IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): eth1: link is not ready
[  445.471030] device wlan0 left promiscuous mode
[  445.474861] br-lan: port 3(wlan0) entered disabled state
[  445.479813] device wlan1 left promiscuous mode
[  445.486119] br-lan: port 2(wlan1) entered disabled state
[  448.095706] ath10k_pci 0001:01:00.0: no channel configured; ignoring frame(s)                                                                                                                     !
[  448.103777] ath10k_pci 0001:01:00.0: no channel configured; ignoring frame(s)                                                                                                                     !
[  448.107420] ath10k_pci 0001:01:00.0: no channel configured; ignoring frame(s)                                                                                                                     !
[  448.205933] ath10k_pci 0000:01:00.0: no channel configured; ignoring frame(s)                                                                                                                     !
[  450.977481] reboot: System halted

I can test kernel 4.4.

I don't think there are a coherent set of patches yet for ipq806x and kernel 4.4, so maybe better to start with 4.1.

@Heinz when you tried this before I think the problem was with the flash somehow right?

arokh wrote:

Specifically, I modify the 00 domain like this:
<snip>

Yes that works, thanks for the reply!

After testing, testing, testing... some feedback from v1.1 hardware, bendavid's patches, arokh's regdb patch, custom config:

• Issuing a reboot halts the unit, LEDs go out, nothing afterward, manual power cycle required.

• After a power cycle, the last two octets of the wlan MAC interfaces change (I read previously that this was resolved?).

• After doing a sysupgrade and restarting the device, I loose the 5GHz radio (error loading the caldata).  resolves itself after another power-cycle. Could this be because the flash file-system is still being prepared?  next time i will capture the dmesg output.

For reference, here's my current diff config and dmesg files: diffconfig.txt, dmesg.txt

WLAN MAC or Wifi MAC?

The WLAN mac should be read from the default-mac partition. The Wifi WAN in stock is just modified from that, however this hasn't been fixed in the openWRT builds yet.

TeutonJon78 wrote:

WLAN MAC or Wifi MAC?

The WLAN mac should be read from the default-mac partition. The Wifi WAN in stock is just modified from that, however this hasn't been fixed in the openWRT builds yet.

Yes, sorry my mistake.  It's fine.  Between reboots the wifi bssid is changing, not sure if that's intentional.  Regardless, I assign my own using 'macaddr' in wireless config and it works as expected.

darryl wrote:
TeutonJon78 wrote:

WLAN MAC or Wifi MAC?

Yes, sorry my mistake.  It's fine.  Between reboots the wifi bssid is changing, not sure if that's intentional.  Regardless, I assign my own using 'macaddr' in wireless config and it works as expected.

OK, that's the issue bendavid hadn't gotten to fixing yet.

There is only the default MAC stored in flash, which in stock gets assigned to WLAN (I think). Then the MAC-1 gets assigned to LAN and 2.4 GHz Wifi, and MAC-2 gets assigned to 5 GHz. In post #323 I was asking @Heinz to confirm his stock MAC settings.

bendavid was also unhappy with that setup since most routers would assign a different MAC to LAN and 2.4 GHz. Either way, that and the LEDs not working were the only major todos I think he had left.

and some HW buttons..

TeutonJon78 wrote:

In post #323 I was asking @Heinz to confirm his stock MAC settings.

Heinz wrote:

Hi I dump full flash (with factory firmware):
http://tplink-forum.pl/wsady-pamieci-fl … 00v1-5487/

My MAC: EC 08 6B 2C A0 4C, PIN 69842276
MAC location on flash: 0x1EF0008-0x1EF000D
Pin location: 0x1EF0208-0x1EF020F
Device info: 0x1EF0400

TeutonJon78 wrote:

Heinz, could you go back to stock and check your MACs for all the interfaces?
LAN/2.4Ghz MAC should be EC 08 6B 2C A0 4B
5GHz MAC should be EC 08 6B 2C A0 4A

No.
My LAN and 2,4 MAC: EC 08 6B 2C A0 4C
WAN: EC 08 6B 2C A0 4D
5G: EC 08 6B 2C A0 4B