OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: U-BOOT compilation

The content of this topic has been archived on 28 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hello,

My goal is to disable leds blinking on TP-Link WR841n v10 (Atheros QCA9533-BL3A), which is caused by U-boot, while system boots, I have manage to do it on Pope2k uboot mod for 740N (with his help), but unfortunately it do not support 9533
I google around 2h to find a guide how to compile u-boot, and so for do not find any. Then I downloaded TP-LINK GPL sources and start trying but without success (I suspect they mess up with them somehow)
Can someone point me at the right direction? I just want to download, and compile it, and of course to comment the line responsible for led blinking (all_leds_on) as long as I remember smile

(Last edited by nedoskiv on 28 Jan 2016, 15:41)

Are you sure its worth risking to permanently brick your system ?
If you manage to compile uboot do not flash directly to u-boot partition before trying from RAM

Yes I have to risk it, anyway I noticed there is uboot 1.1.4 in tp-link sources, that gives me hope for pepe2k uboot can work with it.

All right routers is bricked smile
I tried to modify pepe2k uboot sources and failed

The discussion might have continued from here.