OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: a wifi audio receiver

The content of this topic has been archived between 1 Apr 2018 and 28 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hello pepe2k! Very interesting, thanks. And we're still in very need for serial upload for this boards in your uboot:) Hoping to see it some day smile

Hy, only a question, Is it possible By TELNET (OpenWRT in save mode), disable Wifi card?, I will be able to connect  A900 only by Ethernet wire, original Fw, doesn't have this option.

Tnk's in advance

Edit /etc/config/wireless, by adding a line 'option disabled 1' to the first block.  This will disable all wifi operation.
In safe mode you will have to do mount_root first to make the filesystem writeable.

(Last edited by mk24 on 6 Mar 2015, 07:00)

Is there a new firmware for these A900 boxes?

Reason I ask is that they still sell them, and I've had mine almost a year, and it doesn't connect to N/5Ghz networks and sometimes has problems...if there is a newer firmware going that would great, since it seems to be OpenWRT based.

I'm guessing I can't just add one of the atheros OpenWRT generic updates?

Is i2s already integrated in the alsa driver, or how does it work?

Will ALSA see the AR9331 as 'soundcard' and then stream all PCM data to the I2S_DATA line? Or is it still needed to compile stuff?  Thats unfortunatly still beyond my skills so i hope ALSA is enough to get started.

A friend of me has a few DAC's that I may  give a try.

just picked one of these up, seems to do what i wanted.

however is there a way to change the 'name' of the airplay device?
mine currently says wifiaudio_1504c4 or summit similar.

Id like to change it to summit like airplay-living room .

Thanks

Matt

mattgarrad1982 wrote:

just picked one of these up, seems to do what i wanted.

however is there a way to change the 'name' of the airplay device?
mine currently says wifiaudio_1504c4 or summit similar.

Id like to change it to summit like airplay-living room .

Thanks

Matt

I think you can modify it in the /etc/config/wireless file...

Talking of which, could someone provide a dump of the stock "wireless" file; I've screwed about with mine no end and I want to return it to its original state.  Alternatively, does anyone know how to do a factory reset on this device?

Patch wrote:

does anyone know how to do a factory reset on this device?

the command

fiirstboot

deletes all configfiles and a fresh config default is loaded

So don't forget to backup your current config files

The discussion might have continued from here.