OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: WR1043NDv1 adjust Wifi Power to 30dbm

The content of this topic has been archived on 2 May 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi
First of all i am new here and this is my first Post...
I have tried to adjust the TX Power to 30 but luci give me only the option of 199mw in US, how can i change to 500? Is there a module paramater or something i can do? Which firmware i have to use? now i am running 15.05

o5i_net wrote:

Hi
I have tried to adjust the TX Power to 30 but luci give me only the option of 199mw in US, how can i change to 500? Is there a module paramater or something i can do? Which firmware i have to use? now i am running 15.05

you need a cracked wifi driver.. check gogle
ps: read your low as you you need a licence to have transmit power greater then 20dbi = 100mW
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DBm
https://transition.fcc.gov/eb/FieldNoti … 979A1.html

(Last edited by makarel on 31 Oct 2015, 15:00)

Hi, i know that, but i have problems because walls are blocking too much, and i live on a farm.. I dont think somone care about my wifi...
But i cant find nothing specific about...

o5i_net wrote:

Hi

250 mW (24 dBm) on this device is the maximum.

maybe get a better gain antenna.. or directional one.. or put the antenna on a high long pole.. also keep in mind that high power=high noise and you also have to hack receiver device power of transmit(phone, laptop.. etc as they also have max transmit power 100mW)

regarding wifi.. i find it much better(signal, stability) since i restart wifi once a day

(Last edited by makarel on 31 Oct 2015, 15:24)

I think a better antenna can fix this problem... I switch the wifi of at night...

The discussion might have continued from here.