OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: brcm47xx-BROKEN-DO-NOT-USE/

The content of this topic has been archived on 4 May 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi

Can i use this link or not in /chaos_calmer/15.05-rc2. Kindly Let me know.
Thanks
Hariharan

DO-NOT-USE

hari42726 wrote:

Can i use

Really?

Could anyone explain what's wrong with the current OpenWRT 15.05 for brcm47xx devices ?
Is there a ticket # related to this ?

Another matter on BRCM47xx :

Did anyone try to build a compressed (LZMA) initramfs images for those device with Chaos Calmer or trunk ?
I get the following error :

cp: cannot stat '~/openwrt/openwrt15.05/build_dir/target-mipsel_mips32_uClibc-0.9.33.2/linux-brcm47xx_legacy/vmlinux.lzma-initramfs': No such file or directory

I'm guessing that vmlinux.lzma-initramfs should be instead vmlinux-initramfs.lzma.

There also used to be an .elf version generated as mentioned by CFE Nework Boot.

Thanks,
Kyklas

(Last edited by Kyklas on 7 Jul 2015, 06:16)

Kyklas wrote:

Could anyone explain what's wrong with the current OpenWRT 15.05 for brcm47xx devices ?

No ticket as it was image building problem, not related to actual code. Images are just in wrong size, some build with wrong modules.

Zajec wrote:
Kyklas wrote:

No ticket as it was image building problem, not related to actual code. Images are just in wrong size, some build with wrong modules.

Any idea when it will be fixed?

Does this imply the ImageBuilder tar files are broken also?  Is it safe to use the ImageBuilder to create our own Chaos Calmer RC2 images?

mgalgs wrote:

Any idea when it will be fixed?

There isn't really a plan to rebuild rc2 images. So rather wait for rc3.

rayknight wrote:

Does this imply the ImageBuilder tar files are broken also?  Is it safe to use the ImageBuilder to create our own Chaos Calmer RC2 images?

I don't know, sorry.

(Last edited by Zajec on 14 Jul 2015, 22:30)

try to fix as temperate testing

vi target/linux/brcm47xx/image/Makefile

ifneq ($(CONFIG_TARGET_ROOTFS_INITRAMFS),)
        cat $(KDIR)/vmlinux-initramfs | $(STAGING_DIR_HOST)/bin/lzma e -si -so -eos -lc1 -lp2 -pb2 > $(KDIR)/vmlinux-initramfs.lzma
+        cat $(KDIR)/vmlinux-initramfs | $(STAGING_DIR_HOST)/bin/lzma e -si -so -eos -lc1 -lp2 -pb2 > $(KDIR)/vmlinux.lzma-initramfs
        $(STAGING_DIR_HOST)/bin/lzma e -so -d16 $(KDIR)/vmlinux-initramfs > $(KDIR)/vmlinux-initramfs-nodictionary.lzma
endif

The discussion might have continued from here.