OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Linksys EA6100

The content of this topic has been archived on 12 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hello.

I have a Linksys EA6100 router.  I live in an area not connected to any traditional internet providers and am therefore using Satellite Internet which has a 50GB per month data cap. 

There are 5 people in the home using internet, each with different data allotment needs. I am hoping to use the router to view and throttle data usage per person.

I can't find my current product in your list of supported hardware.  I found it here, but do not know what the details mean: http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/start

Can I install custom firmware on this and have it work?  If it is unknown, what instructions would you recommend I follow.  Do I need a new router?

Thanks for your help,

Steve

Hello everyone,

I've seen that EA6100 from "Techdata" says that its possible to support however I couldn't find any link to download the squashfs-factory.bin file for EA6100.

I've seen E1700 bin file but I'm not sure if its going to work if I use this with EA1600?! It appears their CPU, RAM, wireless chips etc have similarities. I was hoping to get a custom working openwrt fw.

I bought a new EA6100 and I'm very much interested and eager to install openwrt Chaos Calmer firmware on it. Any suggestions? Please help.

I'm also interested but I have no clue as where to begin. I can do some programming / testing in my spare time.

(Last edited by dingchavez on 26 Mar 2016, 07:03)

dingchavez wrote:

I'm also interested but I have no clue as where to begin. I can do some programming / testing in my spare time.

Glad to hear.. I'm also doing some research and I'm thinking about testing TPlink Archer C20i or E1700 bin file with this router. smile

The discussion might have continued from here.