OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: A stupid problem i need help with

The content of this topic has been archived on 23 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

I installed openwrt rc3 on my TL-WR843ND in order to use it as a client to connect to an WPA2 Enterprise network.
Ive been messing around with it for 5 days and I believe i have come really close to finally getting it to work.
Right now Im stuck at the situation, where the router is ?not routing?.

The router has internet access, its able to ping sites and use the other diagnostic devices.
However, my computer is not. It cant ping, but it seems it has access to the DNS server since when i write ping www.neti.ee -t, it shows the correct IP address. The network icon shows that i have internet access and i see that packets are being sent and received, but i cannot browse any websites.

I will post logs if they are required, maybe some of you can recognize the situation and know a fix or atleast the reason?
Ive given up 3 times on this router and today me finally able to connect the router as a Client to the Eduroam network was a huge success

Thanks for the help. I am writing this from my computer through router-eduroamwifi. Cheers!

The discussion might have continued from here.