OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: wireless is gone TL-MR3040

The content of this topic has been archived on 7 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Out of the box, I installed Piratebox on my router, just to see what it was like. Then, I thought to use sysupgrade to get the newest version of openWRT since I had no use to Piratebox. The problem is, without thinking I did the procedure to "prevent the wireless drivers to be loaded at the next boot" and now I have no wireless. I read somewhere that I could use extroot and put the update in my pendrive, but I have no idea how to do it. Anyway, what is my best option to get the last version of openWRT running on my MR3040 ?

leonardodbe wrote:

Out of the box, I installed Piratebox on my router, just to see what it was like. Then, I thought to use sysupgrade to get the newest version of openWRT since I had no use to Piratebox. The problem is, without thinking I did the procedure to "prevent the wireless drivers to be loaded at the next boot" and now I have no wireless. I read somewhere that I could use extroot and put the update in my pendrive, but I have no idea how to do it. Anyway, what is my best option to get the last version of openWRT running on my MR3040 ?

hi i installed V2 image on a V 2.4 hardware of a TP-Link MR3040

theres only LAN And Camera flashing green (Camera: 3G/4G link option for have a camranger)
no WIFI ??!!!? no webinterface

what i do wrong after flashing firmware from original webinterface

less i forget to connect directly lan to pclan wink .... worked now for me

(Last edited by pirat_labs on 29 Aug 2015, 21:06)

The discussion might have continued from here.