OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Privoxy how to get the newest version installed

The content of this topic has been archived on 23 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hello everybody,

I have a Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH running Barrier Breaker 14.07 and I am very happy with it so far.
Yesterday I installed Privoxy Version 3.0.21 on it and everything is working like it should.

However after a bit of research I found out that Version 3.0.21 is from the year 2013 - http://sourceforge.net/projects/ijbswa/files/Sources/

The newest Version 3.0.33 have been released this year. Therefore and because of the fixes it brings, I would like to upgrade.
Does someone of you have a hint on how to do this? Or know a link to a repository where a newer version is stored?

I am also wondering - in the openwrt wiki the privoxy entry refers to version 3.0.22 which is not available on the repository!?

(Last edited by rgarcia on 19 Aug 2015, 15:34)

You probably need to compile it yourself with the version you want. In this case, you will need to also modify the OpenWT Makefile for the package so that it will reflect to the version you want. If you have never compiled OpenWRT, perhaps this Easy Build guide will help.

But this way I would build a whole new firmware file for the router not online the package I am searching for or do I misunderstand this?

The discussion might have continued from here.