OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: An open Router/Switch/NAS/Miniserver Hackable hardware -- WiTi Board

The content of this topic has been archived on 15 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

WiTi Boardi is a very nice open hardware platform. The board uses MT7621A high performance router SoC,
supports open source  OpenWRT OS. The board's dimension is relatively small 16cm x 10cm, about three
credit card in a row.

Of course, this board can be used as a good performance router. With the two SATA3 ports on board, we
can easily create Soft-Raid1 by mdadm tools. After installing Samba service and NFS service, the board
turns into a reliable storage server. We can also install CMS or git code repositories on the board. Wow!
This board can provide all functions I need, and the consumption of electricity is very low.

What’s more, WiTi has 30 expansion ports(including USB, JTAG, UART, I2S, GPIO..). We can connect to
Arduino by USB extension, so that WiTi can connect to thousands of sensors; we can make WiTi as a nice
wireless HiFi with the I2S extension; we can also use the GPIO extension to control electric light, Motor, and so on.

More infomation url:
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/witi … nce#/story

- MT7621A Dual-Core 880Mhz (4 threads)
- 256MB Memory (up to 512MB)
- 2.4G WiFi (supports IEEE 802.11b/g/n, up to 300Mbps)
- 5G WiFi (supports IEEE 802.11a/n/ac, up to 867Mbps)
- WAN port x2, LAN port x4(both are 1000Mbps)
- SATA 3.0  x2(supports 3.5 inch HDD)
- USB3.0 x1
- microSD x1
- RTC battery for storage application
- 30 Expansion Ports(Including USB, I2S, JTAG, UART, GPIO)
- 16MB SPI NOR Flash(Optional for bigger size Nand Flash)
- 4-pins serial debug port
- RF Antenna Connector x4
- WPS/GPIO Key  x1,Reset Key  x1
- Power LED x1, SATA LED x 1, WiFi LED x 2, LAN LED x4

E-Mail: support@mqmaker.com
Community: http://forum.mqmaker.com
Twitter: @mqmaker
Facebook: @mqmaker
G+: @mqmaker

Looks very promising, pricing seems awesome too.
Especially like how you guys opensource the entire codebase.

commit history of the opensource repo is squashed, and I haven't looked at the diffs.

Are you guys (mqmaker) and/or any of the openwrt guys working on upstreaming witi board support into openwrt, and continuing development there?

risk wrote:

commit history of the opensource repo is squashed, and I haven't looked at the diffs.

Are you guys (mqmaker) and/or any of the openwrt guys working on upstreaming witi board support into openwrt, and continuing development there?

Now, we are developing it  on github.
And also will upstreaming it into openwrt as soon.

The discussion might have continued from here.