OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: phpmyadmin

The content of this topic has been archived on 7 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi

I have a TP-LINK WR2043DN with backfire 10.03.1-rc4, and i want to install phpmyadmin. I have apache, php5, mysql, and it's work, but phpmyadmin miss sad
I haven't find any information abot the phpmyadmin install

Could anybody help my how can I start it?

Thanks,

Bear
Macko003

I hoped it is a helpful community...

Problem solved, it is enought to copy the downloaded files, and editing some lines in the php file.

(Last edited by macko003 on 4 Aug 2011, 08:36)

can you detail the configure???

@macko003

can u advise please.. i cant connect phpmyadmin to mysql...
im stuck at the login screen from myadmin

My phpmyadmin config (without comments)

<?php

$i = 0;

$i++;

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['auth_type'] = 'cookie';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['host'] = '127.0.0.1';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['connect_type'] = 'tcp';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['compress'] = false;
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['extension'] = 'mysql';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['AllowNoPassword'] = false;

$cfg['UploadDir'] = '';
$cfg['SaveDir'] = '';
?>

@macko003

ty very mutch
i modified $cfg['Servers'][$i]['AllowNoPassword'] = false; -> true and i could log as root

In this case i think the safer solution is if you give password to the root user.

i have password on root

i didnt know if the default mysql db has users(passwords) defined and how 2 define them
i sow mysqladmin command... but it only access databases and reset password; i didnt see how 2 define user

ty again; hope il do a nice webserver in the end

(Last edited by makarel on 21 Feb 2012, 12:21)

Use google.
eg. how to change mysql root password
or
how to create mysql user

you log in to mysql from cli, and run the command.
i have installed the phpmyadmin, but i never use it because it's very slow on 1043, it is faster if i find the sql query and run from cli.

hmm i know comand line is faster... eventualy a script  at comand line... but im kindof poor at programing
so i stick with interfaces most of the time smile

i have searched google/openwrt(forum) a lot during 3 weaks since i started firmware upgrade...
i reached phpmyadmin 2 days ago so...

il put so many programs on it, i wander if will do any routing after

you haven't to good in programing, you can copy 2 lines....
eg.:

mysql -u root -p
mysql> CREATE USER 'monty'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'some_pass';
mysql> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'monty'@'localhost' WITH GRANT OPTION;

u r right... that seems easy when u know
http://www.pantz.org/software/mysql/mysqlcommands.html

i prefer interface though; i doesnt have to look good(sparcles) - its more efficient
did i tell u i have 3 weaks on this project? - just to configure router, extroot, vfat, ext4, vsftpd, samba, tynyproxy, lighttpd, php, mysql, phpmyadmin

the phpmyadmin do the same, but it's slower.

You can be happy, i spent 1 week to make a lamp from 1043, and i'm a system admin, so i do similar thing at all day...

ive done it

backfire rc6, vfat, ext4, extroot, transmission, vsftp, samba, qss, lighttpd, php5, mysql, phpmyadmin(is working fine - speed close 2 luci graphs), uhttpd still running;
all this eats me 5M from swap and leaves 4M free memory... at idle; would be good now a 64M ram update

im pretty happy now smile

off:

are you sure?
please do long term test, because i have installed apache, php, mysql, owfs, transmission, ext3 usb hdd with external power.
i run évery minute php scripts, what is reading from 1wire syste thru owfs and insert the data to mysql. and when i ran torrents alwalys had a high load, automatic restarts, freezed php scripts. after i disable transmission everything was ok. last month I achieve the 21 day uptime.

transmission is a processor eater - "top" shows 60-70%, "htop" about 80% with transmision/samba, 2k open connections
and <20% just samba; free ram 1M and 7M swap; phpmyadmin 3.3.6 loads faster then 3.4.9 under load; so far i have 2 make a wabpage.. some php... mysql; im a low to moderate resource user...; i have a 2,5" external hdd - connected straight to router; just usb power; no problems so far; ive considered apache but read that is a resource eater... i dont need so far 2 hold a multi domain network... il do apache if il upgrade 2 64M ram xd

seems ur processor is overheating... put a heatsink on it or even active colling; thats gonna be a nice mod; mines heating a little 2; try isolating processes... stop them by turn and see which r making problems;

edit: 2,5" usb powered external hdd

(Last edited by makarel on 10 Jun 2013, 19:27)

Are the two of you still active openwrt-users?
I tried to access owncloud and phpmyadmin installations, and the starting index.php of each directory is shown. But none can access the mysql-Database - owncloud keeps telling me "Error while trying to create admin user: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occured in driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp' (111)" (even though the socket is located at /tmp/mysqld.sock) and phpmyadmin just says "login to mysql-server has failed".

makarel mentioned

i modified $cfg['Servers'][$i]['AllowNoPassword'] = false; -> true and i could log as root

, but that neither works for me. I still cannot access the database using root-password [which does work when I use putty] sad

(Last edited by ssdnvv on 6 Aug 2015, 18:52)

ssdnvv wrote:

Are the two of you still active openwrt-users?
I tried to access owncloud and phpmyadmin installations, and the starting index.php of each directory is shown. But none can access the mysql-Database - owncloud keeps telling me "Error while trying to create admin user: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occured in driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp' (111)" (even though the socket is located at /tmp/mysqld.sock) and phpmyadmin just says "login to mysql-server has failed".

makarel mentioned

, but that neither works for me. I still cannot access the database using root-password [which does work when I use putty] sad

this is an old project.. since then i left lamp for better hw..
i think you have to make a mysql root/password login meaning you have to assign a password to user root of mysql not user root of OWRT
see this post a little higher regarding how to create mysql user and assign password
https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php … 13#p158213

The discussion might have continued from here.