OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: wrt1200ac using Chaos Calmer r46526, LED names missing

The content of this topic has been archived on 1 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

I sign into the router, go to the LED configuration screen and the only two available options (for LED's to use) include caiman:white:sata and caiman:white:power

When I was using the one from the Kaloz location, there were more options available and the wrt1200ac has more than just power and sata.  It has 2.4ghz, 5.0ghz, usb1, usb2 and of course wan (not to mention the four ports but not sure if those can be software controlled).

Is there a way to re-enable/add the ones missing from the drop down menu?

I notice that there are some differences in the configs between the kazloz and trunk builds:

Trunk:

CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-leds-pca963x=m

Kaloz:

CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-leds-pca963x=y

I'm on a two-week old trunk, so I can't meet the latest kernel dependency for kmod-leds-pca963x, but it's not installed, and there's probably something to the inclusion of that module in Kaloz.

(Last edited by fecaleagle on 1 Aug 2015, 17:49)

fecaleagle wrote:

I notice that there are some differences in the configs between the kazloz and trunk builds:

Trunk:

Kaloz:

I'm on a two-week old trunk, so I can't meet the latest kernel dependency for kmod-leds-pca963x, but it's not installed, and there's probably something to the inclusion of that module in Kaloz.

Where is this at and is it something I can modify?

Never mind, did a search for kmod-leg in the software section and got it installed. big_smile  Thank you.

(Last edited by Wolfie on 1 Aug 2015, 20:16)

Wolfie wrote:
fecaleagle wrote:

Trunk:

Kaloz:

Where is this at and is it something I can modify?

Never mind, did a search for kmod-leg in the software section and got it installed. :D  Thank you.

Did they show up after installing the module?  I was bummed to only have access to the power and sata LEDs.

fecaleagle wrote:

Did they show up after installing the module?  I was bummed to only have access to the power and sata LEDs.

I did a software search and then looked at a few of the options.  I installed one named 'kmod-leds-pca963x' and I believe that provided me with the extra options aside from power/sata LED's.

Good deal.  I'm waiting for the next Chaos Calmer RC to upgrade, but I'll make a note to grab it when I do.

The discussion might have continued from here.