OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: From 14.07 to 15.05-RC3 3700v1

The content of this topic has been archived on 14 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi guys few questions if possible.

1. Can I just update my 14.07 to 15.05-RC3 using openwrt-15.05-rc3-ar71xx-generic-wndr3700-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin

2. Does 15.05 have some sort of an FTP or File Transfer program that I can use to get large amount of files from external HDD and back.

3. If possible can anyone point me to correct direction, there is nothing wrong with my current install and all I really want is having be able to transfer files in and out of external hdd connected to my 3700v1 using FTP I tried to install and configure proftpd but I can't do it. I found instructions on how to do it in Linux (Ubuntu) but instructions not working exactly right in OpenWRT. So if anyone can post on how to install FTP client from scratch on openwrt It'll be very helpful. And again iuf 15.05 got some sort of FTP build in with installation I guess I'll just update to 15.05.

Thank you.

I do see a lot of options on how to setup server, not just FTP but other options. All I want is my internal network to have access to HDD connected to Router:

http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/howto/server.overview

What is best option for me ?

(Last edited by xakep on 18 Jul 2015, 23:45)

Managed to setup vsftpd with few easy clicks, no need to setup groups or users. Works out of the box all you have to do edit conf file  add default folder and disable anon users. EASY STUFF.

So only question 1 still valid. Can I just update whole thing via openwrt-15.05-rc3-ar71xx-generic-wndr3700-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin ?

Thanks !

Yes, but better to not copy the configuration forward as some of the config files have likely changed. I would upgrade then reconfigure by hand. Regardless of whether you save settings, you'll have to reinstall any additional packages, such as vsftpd.

The discussion might have continued from here.