OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: package complie question:C compiler cannot create executables

The content of this topic has been archived on 26 Feb 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

hi i'm tying to complie a package sshpass with make package/sshpass/compile it came out :

make -r package/sshpass/compile: build failed. Please re-run make with V=s to see what's going on
make: *** [package/sshpass/compile] Error 1

and then i 'm trying make V=s and it come out:

configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details

and then i'm trying to locate config.log but didn't find it in the project folders.

the sdk version is:OpenWrt-SDK-ramips-for-linux-x86_64-gcc-4.8-linaro_uClibc-0.9.33.2
package src is :sshpass

any help?thanks.

it seem to the c compiler doesn't work,but the point is i don't seen any config.log file.any idea plz?

There should be a config.log file in the build directory where this package is unpackaged to + then compiled (build_dir/target-<arch>/sshpass normally).
This file gets automatically created when configure is run, because it is a package that uses autoconf.

zloop wrote:

There should be a config.log file in the build directory where this package is unpackaged to + then compiled (build_dir/target-<arch>/sshpass normally).
This file gets automatically created when configure is run, because it is a package that uses autoconf.

ya thank u !i have found the config.log in the build_dir/target-mipsel_24kec+dsp_uClibc-0.9.33.2/sshpass as u said...i should run updatedb before i use the locate command next time.
well the config.log show the problem :

configure:2738: checking for mipsel-openwrt-linux-gcc
configure:2765: result: ccache_cc
configure:3034: checking for C compiler version
configure:3043: ccache_cc --version >&5
./configure: line 3045: ccache_cc: command not found
configure:3054: $? = 127
configure:3043: ccache_cc -v >&5
./configure: line 3045: ccache_cc: command not found

i found the the ccache_cc is shell script in https://dev.openwrt.org/browser/trunk/t … ?rev=32075 and then i have installed the ccache successful but still got the same problem.

The discussion might have continued from here.