OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: samba36 is broke

The content of this topic has been archived on 14 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hey tried to opkg install samba and samba didn't work kelp working with it found out theirs no smbpasswd file i put one in it no luck.
I found one of my old builds with samba on it and it worked perfect,I opkg install samba a week ago and no problem worked great but now.Samba is screwed up it will not work have anybody have the same problem.
Theirs no /etc/samba/smbpasswd file in the opkg download samba and probably other files are gone too.

whin i do a opkg download and look into the etc/samba folder this is whats in it.

lowcase.dat
smb.conf.template
upcase.dat
valid.dat

i put a old build of mine with usb support and samba works good i went to the etc/samba folder and this is whats in it.

lowcase.dat
secrets.tdb
smb.conf
smb.conf.template
smbpasswd
upcase.dat
valid.dat 

i tryed to put the working samba folder into the build that was not working and no luck.I don't know why whin i opkg download samba there are 3 files are missing and it don't work.I do a lot of opkg download and this is the frist time i had this problem i like to have it fixed.  any body else having this problem or is it just me.

The discussion might have continued from here.