OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Suggestions anyone - EasyBox 904 xDSL (Lantiq xrx200)

The content of this topic has been archived on 22 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

After many trials with a new VGV952CJW33.dts profile I got quite some parts running on the EasyBox 904 xDSL. This is my current console log. Here is a patch vs. yesterday's OpenWrt trunk to incorporate the 904xDSL.

Any suggestions how to extend the .dts specifications? What I have done up to now is comparing other devices' .dts files, looking into the oem provided sources and the OpenWrt kernel/lantiq sources (with limitted success), and mainly trial and error.

Selected from many questions, I now ask:

1. No WLAN hardware is recognized. Any suggestions about how to access this? BTW, original firmware's console log shows:

RT3883iNIC: 802.11n WLAN MII driver v2.5.1.0 (Feb. 2, 2012)
    Send RT3883iNIC Firmware Done
    Send STARTUP to RT3883iNIC 

2. Besides Wikipedia articles, I admittedly don't undestand what this phy-thingy is about. It even uses own firmware. Maybe someone can tell me?

Also there is firmware vr9_phy11g_a2x.bin and vr9_phy22f_a2x.bin. Could anyone tell the difference?

Anyway, ethernet works, the switch is recognized by swconfig (though untested). But "eth0 (uninitialized): no PHY found" is displayed during boot. When I use "phy-handle = <&phy11>" (or "phy13") at the appropriate place in the .dts, the console tells me that the phy got successfully attached. But then ethernet stops working. Any suggestions for correct settings?

Thanks in advance for feedback,
Arnold
---
Current results of my OpenWrt work on EasyBox 904 xDSL are saved here. Some oem firmware related infos (bootlogs, source code, etc) are deposited there.

Post somewhere original bootlog if You can and link to gpl sources would be nice.

(Last edited by scapi on 29 May 2015, 17:15)

Hi scapi,

you find this already collected here.

Orig bootlogs (I had network logging enabled in /etc/config/system, seems to yield two parts):
  bootlog-part1-console.txt
  bootlog-part2-netlog.txt

Orig sources:
  AT904X-03.10_source_20140310.tar.gz

My specific efforts are descibed/saved here.

The discussion might have continued from here.