OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: OpenWRT does not generate the bin file with minimal configuration HELP

The content of this topic has been archived on 19 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi,
I am trying a build bin package with openvpn but every time I select openvpn on "make menuconfig" with "build in *", after "make j5" does not generate a bin file in "./bin/ar71xx/". I understand that this problem is  related with to the size of package. Now, I post for all my ".config" file. Before "build in" openvpn and after.

Config minimal. This is a ./scripts/diffconfig.sh:

https://gist.github.com/deivisonmoraes/ … 64a13c01f5

Config with a openvpn:

https://gist.github.com/deivisonmoraes/ … e32cf1c9ab

I trying any types of openvpn, with and without ssl.

Tks!

(Last edited by moraesdeivison on 20 May 2015, 14:46)

If the image ends up too large for your flash chip, you will not get a bin file.  Take some stuff out.

Also multi-process make is not guaranteed to work.  Try making without the j option to run on a single core.

(Last edited by mk24 on 20 May 2015, 14:52)

right, but it is practically default, will test without the J5.
tks

Did you see something wrong in the diff files up?
Tks

Disabling the feeds looks a bit strange.

Check also bin/ar71xx/packages/base/
There should be the openvpn***.ipk file, which you use to manually install the individual package to the router, even if no binary firmware has been generated. (naturally only if there really is free space in the router)

Your router has only 4 MB flash, right? That is really not much. Might not be enough for both openssl and openvpn.

(Last edited by hnyman on 20 May 2015, 18:54)

I need you to get everything in the bin firmware, think it is possible, the changes I made should not occupy the entire space.

Every new attempt I run a "make clean" then "make" again. That's enough for old compilations do not influence the new build?

make -j 1 V=s > build.log
grep "is too big" build.log

The possible error should be something like
Warning: /home/axet/source/openwrt/trunk/build_dir/target-mipsel_r2_uClibc-0.9.33.2/linux-ramips_rt305x/vmlinux-dir-300-b1.uImage is too big

make clean should be enough to clean the old stuff.

The discussion might have continued from here.